Bomber pilot helped land airliner after captain fell ill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every part of that story makes me ill.

I feel it would be more distracting and more questions asked by her actions then just going solo.

Every part of that story makes me ill.

Why?

Good job.
He's not acting like he saved the day- gave credit to the FO and good crm to use what she had onboard.

It's a good story. Pretty low key and that's with cnn trying to make it sound more dramatic then it was

Glad the captain is recovering

Where the heck did they get a cot? I can see SWA supplying two cots in each plane. The new hotel accommodation's for SWA pilots. That way SWA can start strong the next morning.

I hope this guy is on one of my flights this month, that way if the capt falls ill I can initiate lock down and he can watch from the back. What a worthless story!

I hope this guy is on one of my flights this month, that way if the capt falls ill I can initiate lock down and he can watch from the back. What a worthless story!

Agreed....! I have always thought that the "is there a pilot on board" practice was actually more of a liability than anything else, unless it is a company pilot on a deadhead, leave non essential personnel on the back regardless of what they claim to be. A single pilot landing at the nearest suitable airport is better than to bring an unknown knowledge based, procedures based individual into the flight deck!

Latest resources

Back