Bombardier New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVFlyer said:
The next Gulfstream will have more interior volume than the Global XRS and Fly-By-Wire. By value I meant not only quality, and current technology as opposed to last generation technology found on the Global Express (have you seen the 8" displays on the XRS?, no auto descent mode, no automatic fuel heating, the uncooled EVS - ad infinitum ad naseum) but also retained value, GV's on the pre-owned market are pretty much selling at their original new purchase price. Have you checked the price of a used Global lately?
quote]

You didn't mention the Pratt and Whitney engines;)

What are the range comparisions when you operate both with the same payloads, lets say 6 passengers with bags, and a crew of 4?

Didn't Gulfstream discount the G350's "heavily" for our friends on the west side of the runway? IMHO, Gulfstream needs to make that same offer to the people on the east side, but then what do I know:nuts:

Last edited:
pilotmiketx said:
601s? Are you Mexican? I hear Saberliner and Jetstar parts are getting hard to come by, too.
Are companies that built the Saberliner and Jetstar still in business selling corporate aircraft? Think about what you say next time before you ask such a shallow question. If you think that 601s are being bought up for pennies on the dollar (like Sabre and Jetstars) and going to Mexico for use down there, you should put the crack pipe down.

fokkerjet said:
GVFlyer said:
Didn't Gulfstream discount the G350's "heavily" for our friends on the west side of the runway? IMHO, Gulfstream needs to make that same offer to the people on the east side, but then what do I know:nuts:

I think I know who you work for, I worked for a company that sold engines to you guys and we'd occasionally bring pax to your hangar. Did I hear correctly that your current leadership got yid of all the Gulfstreams immediately when he took over in favor of Falcons ??? Used to see your shuttle planes at SDF frequently as well...

I think I know who you work for, I worked for a company that sold engines to you guys and we'd occasionally bring pax to your hangar. Did I hear correctly that your current leadership got yid of all the Gulfstreams immediately when he took over in favor of Falcons ??? Used to see your shuttle planes at SDF frequently as well...

Well, at least Falcon will not give aircraft away like the G company when the market turns sour...it must have been tough to explain to the big guys why their new 40m investment was worth less than 35m so soon.

2EASYPilot said:

Well, at least Falcon will not give aircraft away like the G company when the market turns sour...it must have been tough to explain to the big guys why their new 40m investment was worth less than 35m so soon.

I was just curious how the whole thing went down. We were seeing practically brand new G-V's in the hangar and then out goes Jack Nasser and poof, out go the Gulfstreams and in come the Falcons...

2EASYPilot said:

The voice of professional envy speaks...

By the way, the average price for a used $26.15 million dollar Falcon 2000EX in todays premium market is $17.7 million.

Two pairs........

Which model F2000EX was it? I found two F2000's for sale on one website, one was 10 years old for $17.9m and the other at 5 years for $21.0m; didn't see any EX's.

Last edited:
HawkerF/O said:
Are companies that built the Saberliner and Jetstar still in business selling corporate aircraft? Think about what you say next time before you ask such a shallow question. If you think that 601s are being bought up for pennies on the dollar (like Sabre and Jetstars) and going to Mexico for use down there, you should put the crack pipe down.

Maybe I should have said "Are you flying checks?" Or maybe auto parts.

Manufacturers aren't obligated to support products indefinately. The economies of scale for aircraft manufacturing are practically nonexistant due to the small production runs and high costs associated with certification. The same is true for parts. Manufacturers will cease to produce parts when it is no longer economically feasible to do so either due to actual manufacturing costs or product liability concerns. The only reason you can get old Hawker parts is because they are the same as new Hawker parts. Nothing like flying around in "new" 40 year old technology.

Well looks like the cat is out of the bag. Or should I say catS? The new aircraft are the learjet 60XR and a new challenger 605. yes, a 605. check out the bombardier web site for pics...

Latest resources

Back