• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I looked over the 60XR on the web site and here's all I could figure...

1. Extra rotor on each brake set (i.e. Better brakes)...
2. Redesigned interior (hope they came up with a toilet with a wide enough opening to accommodate large fecal matter :D )
3. Upgraded Avionics...
4. Still the same wing... :mad:

h25b said:
I looked over the 60XR on the web site and here's all I could figure...

1. Extra rotor on each brake set (i.e. Better brakes)...
2. Redesigned interior (hope they came up with a toilet with a wide enough opening to accommodate large fecal matter :D )
3. Upgraded Avionics...
4. Still the same wing... :mad:

1. Brake upgrade is a SB avail. for all 60's and std. on sn 270 or so and on. Naturally no new numbers.

2. Yes, new lav and they moved the vanity so you have two windows in there. Hopefully the hole is bigger.

3. PL 21....new goodies for the pilots to play with.

4. Same wing yes. As it's the same plane. No more fuel, no more perf. No more range, etc...

All the things we wanted are still a different plane away.

60xr!?

Dissappointing. Reviewed the site about the new 60XR. Interior changes and, as previously mentioned, cockpit improvements, but the same wing. WOW. I was really hoping that they would stick a better wing on the plane. Hell, the flippin' brakes are fine. The Pratts would sure run out with the best of 'em, if given the opportunity, i.e. a better wing, but, to no avail.

Cossmo, lead on!!

Last edited:
broken spoke said:
Dissappointing. Reviewed the site about the new 60XR. Interior changes and, as previously mentioned, cockpit improvements, but the same wing. WOW. I was really hoping that they would stick a better wing on the plane. Hell, the flippin' brakes are fine. The Pratts would sure run out with the best of 'em, if given the opportunity, i.e. a better wing, but, to no avail.

Cossmo, lead on!!

Yeah, bummer. But, the big picture is that if they did put a good wing on the 60 the plane would have very similar, if not better numbers than the CL-300.

No point in competing with it's own products.

ultrarunner said:
Yeah, bummer. But, the big picture is that if they did put a good wing on the 60 the plane would have very similar, if not better numbers than the CL-300.

The landing and TO numbers of the CL-30 are very close to that of a LR-31. They'd have their work cut out for'm.

ultrarunner said:

Good point, my friend. Still . . .

Flyingdog1 said:
The landing and TO numbers of the CL-30 are very close to that of a LR-31. They'd have their work cut out for'm.

I was thinking more of the range numbers, and not so much runway figures.

With a high-perf wing and just a touch more fuel, the 60 would compete directly with the CL-300 in every respect except cabin space.

IMO, that would take away sales from the outfits that don't want to drop 20m on the bigger cabin.

Latest resources

Back