Boeing 787 Dreamliner Flightdeck!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks identical to a G550

a flight deck is the landing area on an aircraft carrier. i love to say "Merry Christmas from the cockpit" when i have to work on Christmas! i wonder when cockpit became non PC......is it because the first four letter spell cock?

I heard an interesting story once about the origin of the word ‘cockpit’. Apparently one of the Kings of England (cant remember which one) was into the hobby of rooster fighting. He spent quite a bit of time in the ‘cock pits’. It was a running joke that the England empire was run from the ‘cock pits’. Some how that made its was into aviation. Not sure if its true but that’s a funny story I heard.

I hope they can improve the map/worktalbe lights over those in the 777. Such a small item, but it plays a big role int he usability of the at night.

Also for security, I wonder if they've ever thought about moving the lavs away from the cockpit door?

Gotta love the control column yolk. That thing between your legs for 8 hr plus legs. When is Boeing going to get a clue and go with a side stick? I'd take a Bus for comfort every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It's all about forward progess. Just look at the avionics. But hey, for those who are nostalgic, it's got the control wheel just like the B-17's made in the late 30's! Rah Rah Boeing!

"We got your prime pilots that get all the hot planes, and we got your pud-knockers who dream about getting the hot planes".

Since you're including quotes Whale.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back