Bob Jordan not happy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty

There's a rumor OTOF that the B717's are going to RAH. What kind of seniority deal will you take with them? Also, I'm curious where you would now shake out on the career earnings and expectation chart.

Thank your MEC from the bottom of my heart. I'm SO glad they turned this thing down.

:bawling:

"This isn't about money,"

The most dishonest statement posted on FI!

LMAO

You got him on that one.

You guys post to fast so added this quote for relativity.

DH plane decended below 10k. Little late to this party thread.

Money is a factor. There a AAI admitted that.

The money is great. Just not the reason they voted it down.

Last edited:
"We've said all along that this deal to bring AirTran's People, planes and places into the Southwest family is about offering more—more destinations and spreading more low fares farther, through the strength of our network."

GK said this today. 8/22/11 It sounds to me like he still has every intention to keep the ball rolling with "AirTrans people, planes, and places."

If you think it is that simple, then you haven't really studied it.

• Have you read the four documents that make up the proposed SIA?

• Have you reviewed the ATL crew base reduction, and what that means for the 60% who will be displaced?

• Have you tried to imagine the change in QoL for pilots who have lived in a base for ten years, who will now be commuting to reserve duty in junior bases, possibly for the next ten years, since they would have negative seniority?
This isn't about money, it's about being on the bottom for a decade.

One of your guys posted on one of these threads that the majority of your guys commuted to Atl. Is that true?

my friends at aai both said it was in the 60% range.

One of your guys posted on one of these threads that the majority of your guys commuted to Atl. Is that true?

It is.

But before you draw conclusions from that, let me add that many of us "commute" from AirTran destinations that do not have direct service to SWA pilot domiciles.

Also, quite a few drive to ATL from places that are two or three hours away.

I, like many of our pilots, live in a city that has an easy ATL commute, which will likely turn into a two-leg commute through ATL.

It is.

But before you draw conclusions from that, let me add that many of us "commute" from AirTran destinations that do not have direct service to SWA pilot domiciles.

Also, quite a few drive to ATL from places that are two or three hours away.

I, like many of our pilots, live in a city that has an easy ATL commute, which will likely turn into a two-leg commute through ATL.

Two leg thru ATL? Yikes. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Good luck, and hope that prediction doesn't come true.

Ty, I think you are missing or dodging the point. Why did you ever upgrade at AT? It was not because of better bidding power...It was because of the "MONEY"!!! That is why most people upgrade...unless you were trying to get more 121 PIC so you can apply somewhere else...

Which is it? The ALPA talking points do not work when faced with reality. Have a nice day...

Ty, you still have not answered this question!

This isn't about money, it's about being on the bottom for a decade.

It's about not having a job.

Latest resources

Back