• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bluetruthpilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, that's debatable. But regardless of your opinions on whether it was the best deal possible or not, one thing is certain: ALPA International is not responsible for the actions of a local MEC and its committees. ALPA merely provides the resources, and the local MEC decides what to do with those resources. Any decisions made regarding our SLI, whether you feel they were good or bad, were made on the local level. That's one of the benefits of ALPA representation: tons of resources, but local control.

Everyone at JetBlue needs to read this!

Well, that's debatable. But regardless of your opinions on whether it was the best deal possible or not, one thing is certain: ALPA International is not responsible for the actions of a local MEC and its committees. ALPA merely provides the resources, and the local MEC decides what to do with those resources. Any decisions made regarding our SLI, whether you feel they were good or bad, were made on the local level. That's one of the benefits of ALPA representation: tons of resources, but local control.

Agreed. But this also allows the BoB propaganda machine to blame ALPA for all the faults of local leadership over the years.

End result = Another year of fighting towards mediocrity with a pea shooter

Thanks 1193

Especially since JetBlue wants the ability to sue the PVC if they don't do what leadership says.

Just curious if you know the answer to this question:
Once you send a card in should you get any kind of response or correspondance.
Thanks

Previously you would recieve an email if you provided one. I don't know if that's true now.

PCL thanks for your input.

There isn't an active drive but send in the cards. Any active drive will allow jetblue to claim lab conditions i.e. another reason to stall. Currently they have no excuse.

Not much on which to elaborate. Our CBA mandated operational integration no later than 18 months after the date of corporate closure. Therefore, we did have such a clause, and it was even linked to the holding company via a holding company side letter.

Also, how is JetBlue going to force a carrier with a CBA to negotiate SLI with our PEA's.

Also, how is JetBlue going to force a carrier with a CBA to negotiate SLI with our PEA's.

I'm not an attorney, so I'm not the best person to ask. But my best guess is that you don't really have any true SLI protection with your PEAs. McCaskill-Bond guarantees you a "fair and equitable" process of negotiations and arbitration, but without a union, you don't have any legal bargaining agent to handle the proceedings for you. You'd be counting on management to designate representatives for you to handle your side of the dealings. Not exactly something I would be comfortable with.

Last year the PVC held meetings with 4 legal firms and that is exactly what they stated. In a CBA world our futures hinge on whether management will stand up for us or not. They also pointed out that a pilot group with a CBA does not have to negotiate with a pilot group under a PEA. We also have to use different methods of arbitration. In short JetBlue pilots will NEVER be able to fight an SLI without help from management.
Our only hope is an untested M/B and even that will be nearly impossible to manage as none of us will have the money to fight the legal battles as we'll be losing our jobs. This isn't fear mongering but JetBlue reality.

Last year the PVC held meetings with 4 legal firms and that is exactly what they stated. In a CBA world our futures hinge on whether management will stand up for us or not. They also pointed out that a pilot group with a CBA does not have to negotiate with a pilot group under a PEA. We also have to use different methods of arbitration. In short JetBlue pilots will NEVER be able to fight an SLI without help from management.
Our only hope is an untested M/B and even that will be nearly impossible to manage as none of us will have the money to fight the legal battles as we'll be losing our jobs. This isn't fear mongering but JetBlue reality.

Stop it. You are scaring me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back