• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloch Interpertation and 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually only 41 are XJ-900s, the rest are new with the order of 40 CRJ-900s that 9E Corp will get. So, 41 planes available for 9E pilots to bid, versus 140 CRJ-200s + 16 ATL-900s that were available when this mess first started, end of 2011 and early 2012. XJ still got those seats while they last(ed). The CRJ-200s are still around, and the latest rumor is they will stick around a little longer than expected. All XJ brought to this merger was the 41 CRJ-900s and a super senior pilot workforce.

So Pinnacle came with 156 they will lose all those, and will have 40 other planes. You took a long time to say that. Good thing at least one pilot group gets to keep any of their planes.

Pinnacle has just started to lose their first jets, the ATL-900s. Already between 2011 and end of 2012, Mesaba lost all Saabs and Colgan disappeared altogether. There's quite a difference. Yes 9E loses its jets in the future but the last jet won't be gone til 2016. Until then, those are still 9E seats that are kept warm by Colgan pilots and some XJ pilots. Eventually they will lose all 9E original airplanes, but the end state is 41 XJ-900s and 40 new -900s delivered to 9E Corp. Arguably, since the 9E Corp name has survived, those 40 new -900s are Pinnacle birds.

Delta says the 200's will be around until 2016. Do you believe ANYTHING they say except the fact that the sun will rise tomorrow? Anyone thinking they are gone sooner say aye.

aye

We will not be able to staff NEW airplanes and the 200's. I will bet that Delta will have to make a decision to park the 200's as the orders for the new 900's come on property. Already Pinnacle is talking about having to hire by the end of the year! To think those idiots at Pinnacle management and Delta think they can attract anyone with our latest contract with a future of parking airplanes and no upgrades. The competition is offering $5k bonuses with rumors of increasing that number to $10k to be hired with higher pay and in come cases a flow!

aye

We will not be able to staff NEW airplanes and the 200's. I will bet that Delta will have to make a decision to park the 200's as the orders for the new 900's come on property. Already Pinnacle is talking about having to hire by the end of the year! To think those idiots at Pinnacle management and Delta think they can attract anyone with our latest contract with a future of parking airplanes and no upgrades. The competition is offering $5k bonuses with rumors of increasing that number to $10k to be hired with higher pay and in come cases a flow!

Oh there were people out the door to take my low paying job at Colgan when I bailed for Mesaba. Plenty lined up for Pinnacle to take wages lower than our Saab FO pay. They'll hire a ton of them in a hurry, the 1500 rule will have all of its teeth ripped out, and business will proceed as usual. Anyone trying to get on with Pinnacle just remember if Delta can't sell us we will get wound down. Guum-ball's business plan going forward addresses none of our problems and he is clueless how to get us anymore flying, or make us compete. Hopefully he is just a puppet and someone else has a plan. Sky west/ASA have tons in the bank and TSA/Go jets is the new cheap talent in town. I don't know which is better, stupid management and a cheap work force, or great management and an expensive workforce... but we will find out in the next few years. Republic seems to have some of the best of both worlds (though not perfect of either).

Anyone thinking that our senior workforce moving on is going to be a cost advantage should remember that every regional airlines top tier will move on, and TSA/Compass/Go jets and Republic will still be cheaper. Sky west/ASA isn't in a highly leveraged position and should be able to compete on a level beyond anyone else.

Stay away from Pinnacle.

Flyer will probably tell you he use to be on drugs, but then Colgan and Mesaba pilots stole them from him!

Grounded in reality? 9E's future is fairly obvious, I'm just trying to stay positive for guys like 1.3xVSo who voted no and are POed. And you have me confused about drugs, the real drug that many at 9E were on is KoolAid. I never took a hit of that, not when everything looked so obvious to go downhill.

Latest resources

Back