• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

binding arbitration for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OR we hold the line, use these planes until a replacement is found instead of giving the scope farm away like you did with that flying. It appears currently that is the plan and lets hope so. You can try to justify all day long that you guys "cleaned house" but in reality you gave away all that flying. Lets NOT do that this time, mmmkkkkayyy!! ;)

Times are different now and bigger planes are needed which is what puts us collectively in a better position to hold onto this flying.

And they HAD even more 9's than they have now. Compass...Mesaba 900's (who cares if you can flow down to lower paying jobs..they were still given away). That wasn't giving away flying?;)

Last edited:
And they HAD even more 9's than they have now. Compass...Mesaba 900's (who cares if you can flow down to lower paying jobs..they were still given away). That wasn't giving away flying?;)

I dont argue that point. NWA gave away flying to but scope WAS kept to protect some of that flying unlike DAL. All the flying should have been kept by both sides. Giving up scope only outsources our jobs. Scope at NWA prevents ALL DC9s from being parked and replaced by RJ's which was my point. Lets hope thats still the case.;)

I dont argue that point. NWA gave away flying to but scope WAS kept to protect some of that flying unlike DAL. All the flying should have been kept by both sides. Giving up scope only outsources our jobs. Scope at NWA prevents ALL DC9s from being parked and replaced by RJ's which was my point. Lets hope thats still the case.;)

When scope first started being ate away at DAL the prevailing attitude of the guys at the a lot of major's seemed to be "we didn't want to fly those little things around anyway...as long as the big jets keep comin who cares!

When the NWA deal went down it was pretty much spelled out in black and white these were replacement jets.

I'm not justifying anything here because they both did major damage. Kudos to NWA for adding limits and restrictions but in the end these were all mainline jobs that were handed over to management.

Seems like we are slowly learning from each others mistakes.

Last edited:
OR we hold the line, use these planes until a replacement is found instead of giving the scope farm away like you did with that flying. It appears currently that is the plan and lets hope so. You can try to justify all day long that you guys "cleaned house" but in reality you gave away all that flying. Lets NOT do that this time, mmmkkkkayyy!! ;)

Times are different now and bigger planes are needed which is what puts us collectively in a better position to hold onto this flying.

Yeah, we suck on scope. Not sure any major has a good scope clause.

Not sure where you think your scope is much better. Could you please explain Compass?? Enlighten me....

Yeah, we suck on scope. Not sure any major has a good scope clause.

Not sure where you think your scope is much better. Could you please explain Compass?? Enlighten me....

In short our remaining DC9s cant be parked without first getting rid of 70 seaters first. Thats the jist of our scope. Compass and Mesaba were allowed "bigger" RJ's because of bankruptcy caused scope relief but it was contingent on the mainline fleet size and the flowthrough/back was designed to Heavily benefit the NWA pilots SHOULD furloughs ever take place. So while IMHO the planes should have never been allowed off the Mainline ticket they were but in a way that flying was protected in a way which wasnt a complete giveaway. Hope that helps and maybe others can add in further.

When scope first started being ate away at DAL the prevailing attitude of the guys at the a lot of major's seemed to be "we didn't want to fly those little things around anyway...as long as the big jets keep comin who cares!

When the NWA deal went down it was pretty much spelled out in black and white these were replacement jets.

I'm not justifying anything here because they both did major damage. Kudos to NWA for adding limits and restrictions but in the end these were all mainline jobs that were handed over to management.

Seems like we are slowly learning from each others mistakes.

I agree and i hope you're right!!

NWA will furlough prior to the integration from parked DC-9s and 747-200s. Guess what part of a joint list those bubbas will end up after arbitration?

A "DC9 refugee" is a DAL junior pilot jargon(~~~^~~~) for " I am all for the good things of this merger but not the bad."

The flow down to Mesaba and Compass are in place in the new JPWA. There is also a no-furlough clause.

What exactly is a DC-9 refugee?

NWA will furlough prior to the integration from parked DC-9s and 747-200s. Guess what part of a joint list those bubbas will end up after arbitration?

Please use your crystal ball for constructive things like, oh i dont know, the lottery...:rolleyes:

Thanks for your contribution to the discussin :cool:

In short our remaining DC9s cant be parked without first getting rid of 70 seaters first. Thats the jist of our scope.

If NWA management parked all of the DC-9s today, how many 70 and 76 seat aircraft would get parked? How many 70-76 seaters could they operate?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back