binding arbitration for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really? What gives you that idea?

I thought is was the inefficient 767s that were getting retired and the DAL guys were climbing all over themselves trying to bump junior NWA guys out of their seats. And now the -9s are going away? What gives???

Inefficient 767's as opposed to the efficient 74's and DC9's with little range serving low yield markets???

"And now the -9s are going away? "

Umm, Yes! You had 160+, you now have 60+. Therefore the trend indicates that indeed the 9's are going away.

Inefficient 767's as opposed to the efficient 74's and DC9's with little range serving low yield markets???

"And now the -9s are going away? "

Umm, Yes! You had 160+, you now have 60+. Therefore the trend indicates that indeed the 9's are going away.

YOU had how many 737-200/300's ? Your argument leaves out ALOT of factors.

Fact is we currently will be holding onto 61 DC9s. They will be used for the 100 seat market that the new DAL needs to replace 50 seaters. It appears DAL wants to go after Airtran in ATL even more now that Airtran is getting beat up on. This industry is going to change and bigger planes are better right now.

Last edited:
....and of course the affected DCI and Airlink pilots aren't even envited to the table.....

Ok Joe...I'll Bite....

and WHY should THEY even be at THAT table??? inquiring minds and all....

YOU had how many 737-200/300's ? Your argument leaves out ALOT of factors.

Fact is we currently will be holding onto 61 DC9s. They will be used for the 100 seat market that the new DAL needs to replace 50 seaters. It appears DAL wants to go after Airtran in ATL even more now that Airtran is getting beat up on. This industry is going to change and bigger planes are better right now.

Exactly, We HAD. You still have....Past vs present. Big difference.
Meaning you need to clean house.

Exactly, We HAD. You still have....Past vs present. Big difference.
Meaning you need to clean house.

OR we hold the line, use these planes until a replacement is found instead of giving the scope farm away like you did with that flying. It appears currently that is the plan and lets hope so. You can try to justify all day long that you guys "cleaned house" but in reality you gave away all that flying. Lets NOT do that this time, mmmkkkkayyy!! ;)

Times are different now and bigger planes are needed which is what puts us collectively in a better position to hold onto this flying.

Superpilot:

Did I miss something? Where's the NWA MEC's endorsement of this TA'd agreement? I'm hearing crickets....

Superpilot:

Did I miss something?YES. Where's the NWA MEC's endorsement of this TA'd agreement? I'm hearing crickets....
Special MEC meeting 6/26 - 6/27 in MSP.

Lee Moak is there at it. You must have missed the memo...Apparently you are the only one hearing crickets.

Superpilot:

Did I miss something? Where's the NWA MEC's endorsement of this TA'd agreement? I'm hearing crickets....

Its rumored to be out today after the special meetings are over, I suspect that since DALPA unanimously and quickly signed off on it that means DALPA was happy with it thus i would imagine our side feels the same. I hope that all the details will be out once both sides have signed off on it. I am curious if section 1 was restricted like the rumors are saying? We'll see.

Ok Joe...I'll Bite....

and WHY should THEY even be at THAT table??? inquiring minds and all....
Good question.

How do we know they are effected? If LOA19 and the Section 1 language is carried over, then it is status quo. If Joe knows, he knows something no one else knows....

I think he's fishing.

Latest resources

Back