Bigsky Airlines, Billing Mt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Management!

Ah shucks........ thought we got rid of ya.... looks like you just deleted all of your posts and changed your flight time back to 3080 and gave yourself an ATP. So you went from 3,080 hours to 300 back to 3,080 and from an ATP to Comm. Pilot back to ATP. Make up your mind!

"When I started at Mesaba I knew exactly how much I was going to make. You, and everyone else did also. It seems pretty cut-and-dried to me. If someone doesn't like what's being presented, decline the job offer and apply elsewhere."

We did know what we were getting ourselves into. And we intend to raise the bar because we (not necessarily you) deserve it. But informational picketing is about solidarity and uniformity, something you have no concept of.

You may squeeze us, pull us, tighten the noose or do whatever to break down our morale but we are NOT selling ourselves short. We will get what we deserve or NWA will have to bury us alive. We'll walk miles through the Minnesota winters and the blazing hot summers in Memphis. We're riding this one out.

Last edited:
stallion

Once again Mesaba 2425 you have made yourself look like an fool. You claim to be a Mesaba pilot but yet before you admitted to getting a bonus check which no pilots here got. That pretty much makes what you say irrevelant. You also seem to be missing the point in terms of the pay and work rules here. Most of us, unlike yourself, graduated from college and have advanced flying certificates that cost thousands and thousands of dollars. We knew the pay at the commuters was poor when we started but the idea is to have growth and move up to bigger and better things. You and your management cronies are preventing that with unethical and disgusting tactics. We want a better return on our hard work and dedication for this company. You seem to be getting it so why should I have to go start over somehwre else to get what I deserve. I intend to fight this rather than run to Air Willy. I was proud to picket all day yesterday and plan to be there first in line for the next two sessions. Get used to this man cause it's only get harder for you and your buddies.

mesaba2425 said:

If someone doesn't like what's being presented, decline the job offer and apply elsewhere.

Unfortunately this is happening way too much already.

Foley used to say that he wanted to attract and hire the best candidates, to make Mesaba a "world class" airline, he included pilots in those thoughts. When will you management folks realize that the only way to attract the best candidates is to offer them a better contract and treat employees with respect? I have already had to offer my best wishes to too many great individuals leaving for other companies. I am weary from telling fellow pilots that this is part of the game and that beyond the current darkness lies growth, a great contract and once again a good place to work.

It seems as though the only thing our management understands is classic NWA labor relations; thuggery, contempt and ill will. What a shame that the great pilots of this company are made to suffer such disrespect, and to what end?

Mesaba 2425, I asked before, it was removed so I will ask again. You claim to not be management, to infact be a pilot, yet you claimed to have received a bonus. So what is it you do, exaclty?

My name says it all... I've shown mine, will you show yours?

CWA Saab

ps. food for thought:

Comair Management said they couldn't afford the deal their pilots fought for, yet now they continue to grow and prosper, and that very contract is now used as a recruiting tool by the company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back