• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Sky Direct entry PIC's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually agree with you in principle, I think as pilots we are under paid...but I think if you do some research, you will find that $37 an hour for a first year Beech Captain is unfortunately quite competitive......

maybe you meant to say that it doesn't make any cents???

Ha...ya that would have been better!

$37 for first-year captain? dang... That would take about 7 years to make at CommutAir, which also has BOS-based crews. :mad:

Last edited:
Well, profile isn't correct....I have about 2000 now...just want to stay in the PNW....and not be a coffee bitch to some bitter captain. I know how this game is played. Thanks for all the input!!

The "not-be-a-coffee-bitch-to-some-bitter-captain" excuse for avoiding a 121 FO job is probably not the most accurate rationalization. There are plenty of reasons not to want to be a 121 FO: pick a better one.

I feared the bitter captain problem, too. Turns out that for the most part, it isn't a real problem (one in 40, maybe).

My experience at QX, on the 200 -- YMMV.

18 years later and first years captains pay is still $30 an hour?

Yep, sure is! Pathetic, eh?

Subsequent years now go up $1.20 annually instead of $1, though. That "raise" was announced during a recurrent ground school in (I think) 2000. I thought there was going to be a riot!

$30 is about $19 in 1989 dollars. Think the 37% decrease in captain's pay (adjusted for inflation, which the payscale has not been) might have something to do with their problems recruiting and retaining pilots?

Follow-up to my earlier post: Scratch the Boston-based crews. That domicile's next on the chopping block. Nice.

Last edited:
Well, profile isn't correct....I have about 2000 now...just want to stay in the PNW....and not be a coffee bitch to some bitter captain. I know how this game is played. Thanks for all the input!!

Come on over to SkyWest, upgrade on the Bro in 6-12 months (FAT, SFO, PSP) and make $50k+ your first full year as Captain... or wait 12-18 months to upgrade on the RJ (ORD, MKE) and make $80k+.

Obviously, "past results are no guarantee of future returns," but the Magic Eight Ball looks real good and I realize now I've been typing that cautionary line for close to half a decade and yet the quick upgrade still holds true, even more so with each following year...

Come on over to SkyWest, upgrade on the Bro in 6-12 months (FAT, SFO, PSP) and make $50k+ your first full year as Captain... or wait 12-18 months to upgrade on the RJ (ORD, MKE) and make $80k+.

Obviously, "past results are no guarantee of future returns," but the Magic Eight Ball looks real good and I realize now I've been typing that cautionary line for close to half a decade and yet the quick upgrade still holds true, even more so with each following year...

I was just wondering how 2nd yr. CRJ CA pay of $58hr equals $80K+ a year? How many hours do you guys fly? I'm not saying that's not true, just perplexed.

How long does it take to make $80K+ a year a SkyWest? 12-18 months? That's what you just stated. False advertising. What? Do you get a commision? Riiiiiight. LIAR. And, tell me again how your in house union is elected? Are they really appointed by Brad Holt and company?

Bye Bye--General Lee

double post :)

Last edited:
you buying the first round for all FI members as soon as you hit the 10.000 post mark there general ?

;)
FD

Latest resources

Back