Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyismyoffice

Dear Fellow Team Member:

We are proud to announce that Flight Options is adding a new best-in-class light jet to its fleet, the much-anticipated Embraer Phenom 300.

In addition, our purchase by global private equity firm H.I.G. Capital is now complete.

Flight Options has contracted with aircraft manufacturer Embraer to purchase 100 Phenom 300 light jets over the next 10 years, with an option for 50 more. The order is nearly $1 billion, by far the largest in our history. This is a huge leap forward for Flight Options, and demonstrates our commitment to a future of growth and long-term success.

A light jet with super-light jet capabilities, the Phenom 300 is a best-in-class aircraft featuring everything our Owners have told us they want—efficiency, speed, comfort and ample baggage capacity.

Also, Flight Options is now officially part of the H.I.G. Capital portfolio of companies. H.I.G. shares Flight Options’ innovative vision of future growth in private-jet travel.

We should all be thrilled about both of these developments, as they herald great times ahead for the Company and all our constituents. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your supervisor.

Below you will find the press release, issued today, regarding these exciting announcements.

Thank you for your continued dedication to making Flight Options a leader in private-jet travel.

Looks like a great replacement for the BeechJets. There are some real advantages to not being owned by a manufactuer, eh? ;)

Looks like a great replacement for the BeechJets. There are some real advantages to not being owned by a manufactuer, eh? ;)

Well, we still might be owned by a manufacturer, just not Raytheon. Maybe like Embraer. Kinda like HIG=front (us owned company) and Embraer=behind the scenes pulling the strings....

This is just my opinion!!!!!

100 Penoms!?!? YHGTBFSM! Are they gonna pay those guys even less than the Beechtruck drivers? Where are they planning on finding 500 pilots willing to work for those wages?

Last edited:
No Growth, just Fleet Modernization

By last count, didn't Options have 80-85 Beechjets?

Aren't they the Small Cabin in their 4 Fleet Type plan to include Small, Mid, Super Mid, and Large Cabin?

I predict for every Phenom 300 that shows up, one Beechjet will leave.

This should also help feed their plan on attracting Low Time Pilots with Shiney Jet Syndrome (SJS).

Come and fly a New Next Generation Light Jet!

That management team had better settle the Contract with the Pilots pretty darn soon. I can't imagine HIG putting pen to paper on the checks for these new airplanes unless they know their labor costs will be within what they have planned for.

Freedom is not Free.

Phenom 300

The 300 is well above the Beechjunks. Don't confuse them with the 100s Avantair is getting. The numbers are pretty impressive (not dissing the 100s either, the 300 is just more comparable to jets currently on the market). RTS was looking at them as a replacement for the ultra. He probably would have bought them if the appropriate MX support was available. You'll probably see some at CMH some day.

RTS was looking at them as a replacement for the ultra. He probably would have bought them if the appropriate MX support was available. You'll probably see some at CMH some day.

I think the CJ4 is going to be the entry-level jet at NJA, not the Phenom 300. But we'll see

FLOPS guys and gals - good luck and I hope next year brings a good contract to you. My best wishes during the holiday season.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back