• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aye Aye, Skipper. The first available plane I can get you into is about three hours from now. It's going to be a long night, but everyone will be snug as a bug in rug now. :)

Aye Aye, Skipper. The first available plane I can get you into is about three hours from now. It's going to be a long night, but everyone will be snug as a bug in rug now. :)

But now, because of his pretentiousness, he's just screwed the next guy down the line. Quite the team player there.

I dont know what part you find to be koolaid. Is it the fact that SkyWest has never had certificate action taken against a dispatcher? That is completely true. Are they the only signifigant airline to have never had such action taken? Could be pure conjecture, but I dont see anyone standing up to refute the claim, not even your hallowed ExpressJet counterparts.

And when it comes to APUs, take them, don't take them. I dont care. We call all the stations and make sure there is groud power, airstarts, and even a/c carts or hookups. If you still dont want to take it, I'll find a swap but I can't guarantee your flight will depart on time. You have a job to do, and so do I.

I don't know what my post had to do with APUs. But I am precisely talking about that conjecture. The fact that that conjecture cannot be proven one way or the other, or that anyone at a specific airline would even have that sort of information about the whole industry made up of other airlines, is the definition of koolaid. Just like when they tell you that the only reason you were hired is because you are the best of the best. How do they really know? They don't, which equals koolaid.

I don't know what my post had to do with APUs. But I am precisely talking about that conjecture. The fact that that conjecture cannot be proven one way or the other, or that anyone at a specific airline would even have that sort of information about the whole industry made up of other airlines, is the definition of koolaid. Just like when they tell you that the only reason you were hired is because you are the best of the best. How do they really know? They don't, which equals koolaid.

I'm not going to list the specifics of how we know this on a public forum, mostly because I don't feel its very classy if implicate any third parties directly in this. But if you feel you've won, then awesome. Maybe someone will add another stripe to your shoulders.

I'm not going to list the specifics of how we know this on a public forum, mostly because I don't feel its very classy if implicate any third parties directly in this. But if you feel you've won, then awesome. Maybe someone will add another stripe to your shoulders.

Then why did you say it was conjecture? Now you have specifics? Which one is it? Touchy much?

The combatative attitude is this: I have been tasked by the company to move aircraft to maintenance bases to get items fixed or inspections done. If an aircraft with an APU deferral can't get to a maintenance base, it can't get fixed. I'm doing the job I've been tasked to do, and we ALWAYS take into consideration every little factor. Your comfort level as well as the passenger's is not lost on us. If you refuse to take it, even after all that, then that is your prerogative. We will start figuring out something else. I understand your side of the issue, but you just dont seem to comprehend mine and therein lies the attitude.

The problem at xjet is we r told It's to get a plane to a maint base, and then it flies a full line. The mx controllers and sector mgrs plan it that way and then use the dx to get the pilots to fly it under false pretense. It's not only with apus and packs, but pressurization, gear down revenue flights, nose wheel steering, etc.

The problem at xjet is we r told It's to get a plane to a maint base, and then it flies a full line. The mx controllers and sector mgrs plan it that way and then use the dx to get the pilots to fly it under false pretense. It's not only with apus and packs, but pressurization, gear down revenue flights, nose wheel steering, etc.

That. If you call them on it (APU broke in ATL for example), they just swap the airplane to a new Captain or a crew on their last round trip to get the airplane through the day(s).

The combatative attitude is this: I have been tasked by the company to move aircraft to maintenance bases to get items fixed or inspections done. If an aircraft with an APU deferral can't get to a maintenance base, it can't get fixed. I'm doing the job I've been tasked to do, and we ALWAYS take into consideration every little factor. Your comfort level as well as the passenger's is not lost on us. If you refuse to take it, even after all that, then that is your prerogative. We will start figuring out something else. I understand your side of the issue, but you just dont seem to comprehend mine and therein lies the attitude.

My number one concern is SAFELY getting my passengers to their destination. Several dispatch coordinators always insist I "have to take the A/C with no APU, or one pack", to get it in to MX. Yet, that A/C is already in a MX base(SLC)!!!!!!!!!

So, you say you "ALWAYS take into consideration every little factor", and yet you want me to fly around an A/C all day long with a single pack, or no APU to get that broken A/C into a different MX base?

I really don't think you guys get how bad the 200 packs are, especially the oldest 200's. We just had one couple of days ago that didn't have MEL'd packs or an inop APU and we still had people complaining every leg that it was too hot. The temps outside weren't even that hot anymore, and the peace of crap still wouldn't cool down, even running the APU during turns. It is not reasonable to expect us to fly these piles into the hottest destinations in the system in the summer with either single pack or no APU, not matter what the company "tasks" you with!!!!

Latest resources

Back