Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver said:
It would be a major step up from that poor G200 you drive my man.

And it *IS* quiet. We got all the aerodynamic and noise reduction improvements the RJ doesn't. :)

90% of the time I don't even wear a headset.

As for roomy, good grief. I have been in lots of G-IVs and they are VIRTUALLY identical. Yes the G-IV is wider and taller but I couldn't tell the difference without a tape measure.

And I banged my head on the doorway of the G. I don't do that on the Legacy. :)

I believe he's a Global driver; amongst other things.....

murfdawg998 said:
i'm sure this post is very late...but 4 gens plus the RAT, which limits your speed to 180 KIAS i believe. I'm sure there's an Alt. limitation with that RAT also.

Of course I forgot about the good ol' APU!!! DUH!

murfdawg998 said:
I believe he's a Global driver; amongst other things.....

nope, but maybe someday...:D

and murf....airplanes....sexy....

NO.

:D ;)

ultrarunner said:
Yeah, but LRC is essentially .80 on those planes. Remember, the G's and the DA's have highly optimised supercritical wings designed to operate at high mach numbers.

F2000 books show TAS starting off around 440 (M.77 ish) at FL410, going to 435 (M.77 ish)at FL470.

My old GIVSP QRH shows ISA MAX RANGE chart starting at M.77 at FL390, step climbing to FL450 at M.77, and the GV QRH ISA LONG RANGE CRUISE chart starting at M.81 at FL410, step climbing to FL510 at M.81.

F2000 / GIVSP are closer to M.75 than M.80, with the GV being a true M.81 bird....essentially speaking.

Last edited:
AA717driver said:
LD--We're going to jerk your chain every chance we get. Around here, that's a good thing. You fly an airplane that lends itself to chain jerking. Kind of like a Fok... Uh, I mean, er, a Shorts. Yeah, that's it, a Shorts. ;)

hey, hey, hey! Be nice :beer:

Just trying to drag more people into the muck... ;) TC

To answer a few posts up, the 2000 does not need the smaller galley to accomodate 10 seats, far from it. We purposesly went with the small galley and the wider spaced seats turned out to be a benefit. We even considered another row of foward facing seats in the middle, and had plenty of room for them. We looked at one 2000 set up this way (12 seats) with the larger galley as well. That layout seemed a little cramped.

We talked the boss out of the two extra seats, thank god!

The 2000 would be hurting bad if we had to climb through ice in the 20's, every other altitude is fine. For some reason, the climb thrust in the 20's is rolled back. I've heard the explanations, but still winder what they were thinking. The EX should not have that problem.

The EX/DX LRC numbers are up to .80 from the 2000's .77.

I can't imagine baggage space ever being a problem on the 2000. It is larger than the 900's. We carry 10 men with bags for a week and golf clubs no problem. We've never had to use the aft baggage compartement that we optioned (hell hole).

Verrrryyyy Interesting...

LegacyDriver said:
My boss used to own a Falcon 2000 and he really liked the airplane.

Did he pay his Falcon crew 1/2 what they're worth?:(

2000flyer said:
...As for losing a generator on a tech stop in Shannon, I'd do the same as you (I hope) and call for a new one. However, mine is a couple hours away in France. Yours is in Savannah!...

Actually, it would be found at-

Gulfstream Aerospace Ltd.
Hangar 63 Percival Way
London Luton Airport
Luton, Bedfordshire
LU2 9NT
United Kingdom

GV

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back