• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As usual G-V pops in just long enough to obscure and misrepresent my statements before running away... I did not say our cruise fuel flow was 1250/side. That is a rule of thumb for planning. Five hour flight multiply 2500 * 5 and add a couple thousand pounds for reserve. You will always come out ahead.

Our cruise burn is 1150/hr/side at 380 for the first hour... We drop down below 1050/hr/engine for the last couple of hours. I imagine the numbers at 400 and 410 would be a little better.

Again what I presented was a rule of thumb that works very well. Fly it for 1000 hours and you will burn no more than (and actually less than 2.5M pounds). For the size of the plane those are pretty good numbers.

If you wanna pay 50M for a plane that does all that G-V stuff then by all means go for it. The Legacy isn't competeing in that market.

Our cost per mile is lower by far than a G-V, 550, 450... And we've already hit the warranty aspect. This airplane's warranty and mx program is very good and inexpensive. I hear no complaints from anyone about Embraer's warranty but Gulfstream pilots...

Last edited:
G200,
Are you guys getting a 7X? DA is selling hard for my company to buy one..........we were kinda hoping for one of those "southern" built aeroplanes, though.

Gulfstream 200 said:
not sure...rumor is DA is going winglets!
:eek:

I just felt a jolt in the earth's rotation. Or was that Marcel rolling over???????
Seriously, you had to figure that they'd come around sooner or later.

Asked the guys on 699. Their avg balls to the wall fuel burn per hour...taxi...climb...cruise...landing...taxi... Worked out to 1250/hr /engine. We burn far less than 1250 a side in cruise.

I am sure the V burns a lot more than that on avg for each hour of flight.

Also I should point out that saying the warranty is only 5 years is misleading.

There are other warranty programs. The Legacy Total Care is available for the lifetime of the aircraft. It is all up to the owner.

At 2 bucks a gallon our DOC is less than 1500 bucks an hour (sorry old numbers and fuzzy but...). What would a G-V cost per hour at 2 bucks a gllon?

How about three?

Four?

Five?

Just curious.

Last edited:
SCT said:
G200,
Are you guys getting a 7X? DA is selling hard for my company to buy one..........we were kinda hoping for one of those "southern" built aeroplanes, though.

Im sure they will ALL sell you hard!

I guess whatever fits your needs.

I think we will wait on those Savannah things until the G-600 hits the line.

:D

until then I fly whatever they buy me, and like it.

Last edited:
LegacyDriver said:
Also I should point out that saying the warranty is only 5 years is misleading.

There are other warranty programs. The Legacy Total Care is available for the lifetime of the aircraft. It is all up to the owner.

At 2 bucks a gallon our DOC is less than 1500 bucks an hour (sorry old numbers and fuzzy but...). What would a G-V cost per hour at 2 bucks a gllon?

How about three?

Four?

Five?

Just curious.

do you ever feel like you are standing in a corner, facing the wall, and are mumbling to yourself??

:D ;)

Last edited:
Yes all the time!!! My wife won't listen to me either.

:p

Sorry. Hey I saw the PlaneView in the G450 at NBAA today and all I can say is...

"Holy sh**!!!!!!!!"

Awesome. EVS.. Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

Did I say awesome?

You're scaring the crap out of me!

Gulfstream 200 said:
yes. I was young and stupid.

I now actually VALUE the safety of myself and my passengers.

You got a ADG on that 2000?

What happens when you lose a generator on a tech stop in Shannon?

for the love of God stop risking you life 2000flyer!

:D
OK, I'm scared now. Currently in G200 initial and I believe we have a trip to EU on the books for the summer. Hope my boss doesn't worry when I plop my a$$ down in the seat wearing a cold water survival suit.
http://www.activitymarine.com/survival.html

matchthehatch said:
OK, I'm scared now. Currently in G200 initial and I believe we have a trip to EU on the books for the summer. Hope my boss doesn't worry when I plop my a$$ down in the seat wearing a cold water survival suit.
http://www.activitymarine.com/survival.html

boss bought a G200?...my condolences (kidding..)

Is Love Field still the service center? I suggest the Embassy Suites for weekly/monthly rates (saves a few bucks) - and rest assured your second home WILL be the service center.

and since you fish....check out the ghetto pond down the road by the runways. I have seen people (well...locals) "noodling" there, amongst the diapers.

;)

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
boss bought a G200?...my condolences (kidding..)

Is Love Field still the service center? I suggest the Embassy Suites for weekly/monthly rates (saves a few bucks)

and since you fish....check out the ghetto pond down the road by the runways. I have seen people (well...locals) "noodling" there, amongst the diapers.

;)

Yes, still the service center. Got to see a couple of green airplanes the other day. Embassy Suites - the whole class (almost) is all here. Still have an hour plus until happy hour is over. What the heck am I doing here? Gotta go drink some free beer. Study Schmudy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back