• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Announcement this week in Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are something else!!! Your like vultures circling over a dying animal, and are just waiting for the moment to swoop in and get some scraps.

Im not wishing any harm on any airlines. I have a good friend who works for pinnacle. It just seems the most logical outcome at this time. Key... at this time. The future of all carriers flying for DL has probably already been decided by management. Everybody just needs to hurry up and wait. Thats the regional game.

I am no vulture. I work here but I am realistic about my place of employment. Its a pretty easy thing to figure out. Delta has two major cards to play. If they are good enough as their role as puppet master of Pinnacles bankruptcy then they can take the remaining number of 50 seaters as required by the Delta contract out of the system just by manipulating the bankruptcy. If they need to actually use the carrot of the 70 new large regional jets for an exchange then they can do that as well. But Pinnacle getting those new planes is not a sure thing. Unless they see a cost savings or whatever reason they choose. So the formula to use on the amount of planes that Pinnacle will have in 2015 is this.

Total number of Delta system 50 seaters-minus-Comairs 50 seaters-minus-66 Skywest 50 seaters-minus-125=the total number of 50 seaters Delta needs to lose. This number is the potentially the number of 50 seaters that Pinnacle could lose. Some unknown factors is the other Delta 50 seat feed and if they will lose their contracts. But it would be easy for Delta to cut pinnacles. I agree with the 111 number, but it could go as high as 140. 41 is the second to worst scenario.

I have said this from day one, there are only 2 reasons we gave up all of our flying with usair and continental. One is to shut down because of 3407. The other is because delta wants us to be their pilot supplier going forward. Either way chapter 11 gets them there

The original poster as I stated before i dont think works for pinnacle and hasnt made a post since, just trying to stir the pot i guess.

Latest resources

Back