Big annoncement by CAL tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA is downgrading captains?

Aaaah, under the current new "fleet plan", there will be captains downgrading. The loss of 13 airplanes to Skywest and all the ATR fleet will result in nearly 100 captains downgrading, not accounting for any attrition.

Unless the CAL pilots have given in on scope which is not likely, the Q-400s will have seats removed or this is just another untrue rumor.

Unless the CAL pilots have given in on scope which is not likely, the Q-400s will have seats removed or this is just another untrue rumor.

CAL scope only applies to jets...

Rumor is several large aircraft and Australia flying....

This is an Australian company - I have friends who fly there.

I thought SKW declined to participate in that due to the short duration of the contract...

This is true, I asked JA about this flying and that was the exact answer he gave me. But he was referring to the jet flying coming from XJT - he did say that they are still looking at Q400s or something similar for CAL (ATRs maybe).

You guys ruined your regional industry by accepting substandard wages when your airline WASN'T in BK or under the threat. That is the difference, and you know it. Strike two dork..... Sounds like you forgot you started this whole downhill slide for the regionals. Up to 99 seats for 50 seat wages? You have got to be kidding me? You were on the verge of BK, right? The judge was ready to pull the plug with the creditors, right? Right?

And, I haven't been hiding, but rather waiting for another SkyWest screw up. I bet I will see it soon....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Have to agree with the General on this one. What Skywest has done is below even the Mesa level. At least Mesa has a 90 seat pay rate, albeit not that good of one. Thanks to Skywest, I'm afraid that we would have been pressured to fly the E175's we are getting at 50 or 70 seat rates if we wouldn't have already had a 90 seat pay scale in place (which the 175's will be flown for). They have now lowered the bar for management to use against companies in future contract negotiations and I hope each and every one of their pilots realize that. Each regional will hear, "Well you do know Skywest operates those same a/c for 50 seat wages, don't you?" when at the negotiation table.

And what arguements do Skywest pilots have against this? I don't believe there are any. Thank you Skywest.

Last edited:
Have to agree with the General on this one. What Skywest has done is below even the Mesa level. At least Mesa has a 90 seat pay rate, albeit not that good of one. I'm afraid that we would have been pressured to fly the E175's we are getting at 50 or 70 seat rates if we wouldn't have already had a 90 seat pay scale in place (which the 175's will be flown for), thanks to Skywest. They have now lowered the bar for management to use against companies in future contract negotiations and I hope each and every one of their pilots realize that. Each regional will hear, "Well you do know Skywest operates those same a/c for 50 seat wages, don't you?" when at the negotiation table.

And what arguements do Skywest pilots have against this? I don't believe there are any. Thank you Skywest.

It sounds like your a Chautauqua pilot from your post....Aren't the fo's over there flying 170/175/190 or whatever for 50 seat pay. Could that also be part of the problem or do fo's not count when considering compensation. But your right about what will be said at the negotiating table when trying to raise rates. However, I don't think skywest will be the only airline brought up when this section of the contract comes up for negotiating.

You guys ruined your regional industry by accepting substandard wages when your airline WASN'T in BK or under the threat. That is the difference, and you know it. Strike two dork..... Sounds like you forgot you started this whole downhill slide for the regionals. Up to 99 seats for 50 seat wages? You have got to be kidding me? You were on the verge of BK, right? The judge was ready to pull the plug with the creditors, right? Right?

And, I haven't been hiding, but rather waiting for another SkyWest screw up. I bet I will see it soon....

Bye Bye--General Lee
Welll Jenpee,
We may have ruined the regional industry, but your greed and unbelieveable shortsightedness created it(regional growth). So slither back to the hole you just emerged from and have a rodent or two for lunch.
Bottom feeder
PBR

The General will be voting NO!!!

Its all just a bunch of stupid RJs you didnt care about 7-10 years ago, so why do we keep seeing you comment on the regionals that dont mean d*ck to you big boys..

Last edited:
It sounds like your a Chautauqua pilot from your post....Aren't the fo's over there flying 170/175/190 or whatever for 50 seat pay. Could that also be part of the problem or do fo's not count when considering compensation. But your right about what will be said at the negotiating table when trying to raise rates. However, I don't think skywest will be the only airline brought up when this section of the contract comes up for negotiating.

Yes this is true and is a major area of concern in our negotions which begin in April. Doesn't Skywest also have one 50 seat pay rate for FO's? And if you want to compare hourly rates, Republic is around $22.50/hr for your first year. What is Skywest's?

Welll Jenpee,
We may have ruined the regional industry, but your greed and unbelieveable shortsightedness created it(regional growth). So slither back to the hole you just emerged from and have a rodent or two for lunch.
Bottom feeder
PBR

Wow. What is that I hear? Clapping? You just won the Academy Award for MOST DRAMATIC Speech ever. Congrats! Dumb Bass. Bottom Feeder? That is why we got you guys----to get the feed with the lowest pay for their pilots on larger RJs. Ron Reber is jumping up and down for joy, since he and Jerry get the difference. Enjoy that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back