• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

bible thumping in DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope XJHawk, dun’t sound like yer at all fired up. But now, the wiccan gay-lesbian-transgendered-alliance towel-folding peta left-sided rock gathering folks, why, - reckon they’re the ones who prolly lifted the private contact data in the first place.

P.S. That FSM Theory is seriously Awesome. ‘splains --everything...

Religion, in and of itself, is not a bad thing. In fact, it can be wonderful. The problem with religion today, and the associated values, have become a measuring stick for personal value and quality.

I can see it now: CA Christian extends bible study/worship invitation to FO Differentbeliever. The FO politely declines. The CA assume that he is "not a believer."

Five years later, the FO has been asked to interview for the job of his dreams at X Airlines. Well, who is sitting on the interview board but CA Christian. The good CA never has to say a word about his beliefs, but just quietly rejects FO Differentbeliever's application.

That is why religion is inappropriate in the work place. It puts pressure on an employee to do something at work that has nothing to do with work. Many of the evangelical believers are relentless in their pursuit of new members. And if you do not support their views, you are not worthy.

XJhawk,

Just an FYI, if ALPA has your email, it's posted on our MEC page pilot directory. The only reason I say this is because I'm pretty sure there's noone named "XJHawk" in the directory. By the way, I'm having a gathering next week...

MM

2yrs2go said:
Religion, in and of itself, is not a bad thing. In fact, it can be wonderful. The problem with religion today, and the associated values, have become a measuring stick for personal value and quality.

I can see it now: CA Christian extends bible study/worship invitation to FO Differentbeliever. The FO politely declines. The CA assume that he is "not a believer."

Five years later, the FO has been asked to interview for the job of his dreams at X Airlines. Well, who is sitting on the interview board but CA Christian. The good CA never has to say a word about his beliefs, but just quietly rejects FO Differentbeliever's application.

That is why religion is inappropriate in the work place. It puts pressure on an employee to do something at work that has nothing to do with work. Many of the evangelical believers are relentless in their pursuit of new members. And if you do not support their views, you are not worthy.

And if you think this is typical behavior from a Christian, you don't know a whole lot about it. I don't scope out new members on the job, and I don't consider someone else as being unworthy because they're not Christians. I consider myself unworthy and I am a Christian. Most Christians consider themselves worse than they consider others. We're more familiar with our own failings, you see. There's not much room there to look down on someone else.

For XJ:

I think most of us are just a little too eager to take offense at any possible Christian influence in our lives, and at the same time all too willing to show "tolerance" for any number of behaviors that are ultimately harmful. It only seems to be Christian behavior that sparks such outrage. And for what? Hurting your virgin ears with Godly talk? How awful for you. Better to profane God and pass the Maxim. There, feel better?

If you don't want invitations, or even conversation, be a man about it and inform the inviter that you don't wish to receive further notices or that such talk makes you uncomfortable. And then let it go. Don't get your panties in a wad about it. Don't rage on a message board about how you were violated for being forced to read such devastating email material. Treat it like spam and get over it.

xjhawk said:
I just got an E mail from one of our (XJ)Captains based in Dtw. The e mail was quickly deleted after i realised it was about an invitation to a gathering of someone preaching JEsus. To me, religion is a private thing, and something i do not want shoved in my face at work, or on my e mail account. What does others think about all this? Oh and by the way, if this contunues, i will notify the proper people to have this stopped. Oh and again, by the way, do not try to save me or convert me to your brand of christianity or chrsitianity for that matter.

Waaah waaaah waaaaah whine whine whine.....boo frickin hoo. What is with all you non-christians that anytime you see anything remotely christian you get all offended and start whining and bit-ching like a bunch of crybabies?? GET THE F--- OVER IT AND HIT THE F-ING DELETE KEY. IT TAKES ALL OF 3 SECONDS. The guy isn't tying you down to a chair and forcing you to listen to Christian rhetoric!! He sent out an email INVITING you to an OPTIONAL Bible study. If you don't wanna go, don't go!!! Do like the other 80 million people in the world would do!!! Hit the f-ing delete key and stop whining!! If you overhear people talking about church in a crew room you'd probably start f-ing bit-ching about how you don't need to overhear anything christian in the workplace because it offends your delicate sensibilities! Dude, you seriously need to get a life.

Most Christians consider themselves worse than they consider others.
You never spent any time in the FI Non-Av forum back in the day. :laugh:

Look ... I'm about as big a heathen as one could possibly be and not just frigging spontaneously combust, but even I , the King of the Heathens, don't get bent when the Jehovah's Witness programmer at work sends me a copy of the Watchtower, or the evangelical Philipino programmer sends an Everyone email about a Christian concert at his church, or even when the Captain I usually fly with wants me to bow my head for a prayer before eating at the buffet while on a trip. That's just being respectful, and it's just not something to get bent about.

Even heathens like me have much more important things to worry about. :)

Minh the Beelzebubba

I'm a Jesus Freek!

HTML:
  And if you think this is typical behavior from a Christian, you don't know a whole lot about it. I don't scope out new members on the job, and I don't consider someone else as being unworthy because they're not Christians.
Amen!

HTML:
I consider myself unworthy and I am a Christian. Most Christians consider themselves worse than they consider others. We're more familiar with our own failings, you see. There's not much room there to look down on someone else. [/HTML} [B]Amen, Amen, Amen!!![/B]

Delusional

I agree with the hawk. The jesus freaks are delusional. Instead of helplessy hopping that we will be o.k. Why don't you do something about it. Praying is not going to help matters. It's not God thrat created the war against labor, it is the Republican rulers in the Whitehouse that is doing this. Don't pray, vote the suckers out.

a simple mistake?

I think everyone who is upset over this, including XJHAWK, is over reacting. I think the sender of the email must of mistaken XJHAWK for someone who would be interested in this type of gathering.

The sender was not trying to convert or impose christianity on anyone. He was only trying to invite those that have previously indicated an interest.

XJHAWK, you should be an adult about this. Contact the sender and decline the offer. Also state your aversion to being emailed about such topics.

No harm, no foul. :)

-Keith

Latest resources

Back