BHM area jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CapnVegetto said:
I don't think RL still is....I believe he is retired, but don't quote me on that. Also, look into Books-A-Million. They've got a LR-35 based out of BHM. 3 pilots, one airplane, and they fly a LOT. Not a bad gig if you like being home every night, but you won't be sitting at home much. :)

DO not go to work for these......people.
Do NOT go to work for these......people.
Do not F***ING EVER NEVER EVER go to work for these.....people.
Did I mention you should NEVER go to work there?
Slit your wrists before you go to work there.
Rape a grizzly bear that has rabies, AIDS, irritable bowel syndrome, bad breath, a hangover and a hang nail before you go to work there.

One more thing. Just a friendly suggestion. Don't go to work there.

What's your beef with Books-a-Million? I know the big wig can be a pain sometimes but I have always heard it's not a bad place to work. Is it sour grapes or what?

coloneldan said:
DO not go to work for these......people.
Do NOT go to work for these......people.
Do not F***ING EVER NEVER EVER go to work for these.....people.
Did I mention you should NEVER go to work there?
Slit your wrists before you go to work there.
Rape a grizzly bear that has rabies, AIDS, irritable bowel syndrome, bad breath, a hangover and a hang nail before you go to work there.

One more thing. Just a friendly suggestion. Don't go to work there.

If you were talking about flying for Lincare then I would understand. But talking about BAM like that? Thats just not nice.

FL350 said:
What's your beef with Books-a-Million? I know the big wig can be a pain sometimes but I have always heard it's not a bad place to work. Is it sour grapes or what?

I never flew for BAM directly. I only flew for them when they needed the airplane. (On average, once or twice a month.) I flew for a different division of the family. We used to call it Cluster F**k Airlines. They would send 4 airplanes to pick up 3 people. They would call and say get to the airport as fast as you can, then we would sit at the airport for 5 or 6 hours. Finally, we would finally get in touch with a secretary who would say, "Oh, that trip cancelled 3 hours ago." We would have to get up at 0300 for departure. The pax would show up 2 to 3 hours late, then back to the airport for the return leg 3, 4, 5 hours late. We were constantly sent to the wrong airport. It was normal practice to change destinations enroute, sometimes by several hundred miles and in completely different directions. Several times we had to be at ATL at 0200 to pick up one of the family pr*cks after an all day trip on the day before. Finally at 0900 we would find out that the pax stayed in LA and we had to come home to fly that days trips then return that afternoon to pick up the guy who stayed in LA. One of them is worse than the others. We would take him somewhere, he would say, "I'll be back in 45 minutes...an hour tops." We wouldn't hear from him for 5 or 6 hours. They are impossible to reach to find out when or if the trip is still going, or when they are actually returning to the airport.

I could go on for hours. Basically, it's the third circle of Hell. I was convinced that the reason I was there was because I raped a Nun in a previous life. And that's just the GOOD part of flying for them. If you want to hear the bad part, I'll have to take a Valium first.

By the way, I'm not sure I ever mentioned this, but you don't want to fly for BAM, any of it's sister companies, or the family that owns them all.

Oh yeah, and don't go fly for them. In fact, I may change my signature to "You do NOT want to work for those people!!!"

Please consider this a public service announcement. If I am able to save only one person, it will be worth it.

No, it is not sour grapes. They did not fire me, lay me off, or any other such thing. I left for a better position. Of course, mine detecting with a hammer would be a better position. When I left they didn't want me to go.

In case I haven't mentioned it, you don't want to go to work for those people.

Dangerkitty said:
Go to Dr. Crow at Brookwood Internal Medicine. Best and coolest guy in the BHM area. His office is right between the Strip Mall Next to Brookwood Mall and Brookwood Hospital. At a 45' angle from where Cabana Cafe used to be.

I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Damn straight. My dad goes to him for his first class and I went there for my third class. He is the man to see.

I never flew for BAM directly. I only flew for them when they needed the airplane. (On average, once or twice a month.) I flew for a different division of the family. We used to call it Cluster F**k Airlines. They would send 4 airplanes to pick up 3 people. They would call and say get to the airport as fast as you can, then we would sit at the airport for 5 or 6 hours. Finally, we would finally get in touch with a secretary who would say, "Oh, that trip cancelled 3 hours ago." We would have to get up at 0300 for departure. The pax would show up 2 to 3 hours late, then back to the airport for the return leg 3, 4, 5 hours late. We were constantly sent to the wrong airport. It was normal practice to change destinations enroute, sometimes by several hundred miles and in completely different directions. Several times we had to be at ATL at 0200 to pick up one of the family pr*cks after an all day trip on the day before. Finally at 0900 we would find out that the pax stayed in LA and we had to come home to fly that days trips then return that afternoon to pick up the guy who stayed in LA. One of them is worse than the others. We would take him somewhere, he would say, "I'll be back in 45 minutes...an hour tops." We wouldn't hear from him for 5 or 6 hours. They are impossible to reach to find out when or if the trip is still going, or when they are actually returning to the airport.

Sounds like a slighty exaggerated version of what I have heard, but you probably know better than I. In any case, glad to hear you found something better.

coloneldan said:
I could go on for hours. Basically, it's the third circle of Hell. I was convinced that the reason I was there was because I raped a Nun in a previous life. And that's just the GOOD part of flying for them. If you want to hear the bad part, I'll have to take a Valium first...Of course, mine detecting with a hammer would be a better position... When I left they didn't want me to go.

So...are they hiring? Can you walk my resume in there?

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

It's nowhere near that bad. It may have been at one time, but no longer.

Latest resources

Back