BHM area jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freebrd

Anyone know of any parttime or fulltime pilot jobs in the BHM area? Or companies I could contact? Does HealthSouth still have a flight dept?

Have 4 types, 19,500 hrs, 57 years old. Thanks.

Healthsouth does still have dept, but it is greatly reduced. The guys there are a remnant of the former staff the chief pilot is " my way or the highway".

BHM can be a tough nut to crack at times and it has gotten harder because of the newer insurance reqs. that have pretty much shut down the ability to use part timers, which was a good way to get your foot in the door. Job openings come and go and your best bet is to network, cold call, take chief pilotys to lunch, etc. Until you get what you want, it's just sales.

Good luck!

I don't think RL still is....I believe he is retired, but don't quote me on that. Also, look into Books-A-Million. They've got a LR-35 based out of BHM. 3 pilots, one airplane, and they fly a LOT. Not a bad gig if you like being home every night, but you won't be sitting at home much. :)

BAMM isn't currently hiring. And a good source says I ...uh... I mean "he" hasn't left the house all week. :beer:
Freebird, check with Warren Manufacturing. They're always using contract help. CJ or Kingair experience a plus.

Freebrd said:
Thanks AV8OR. Is RL (also an examiner) still the CP at Healthsouth?

RL is no longer the CP, and hasn't been for coming up on three years. If you know him though, you might get in touch because he will most likely have some idea what all is available. He has a contract training and DE biz with an office out of Tuscaloosa. Sorry I don't have his number. If you check around, I'm sure you can get it.

Again, good luck.

I do know RL, and will look him up. Thanks for the info from everyone. Now, where is the best (easiest?) medical found? I used someone recently who I did not care for just off of 280, Mtn Brook I think. Won't go back to see him again! I've used Dr Foshee in Clanton when I lived in MGM, and he seems cool. Any suggestions? Thanks.

12-26-05 Pilot/Instrument Rating/Mapping 60-80 K/yr

Company: ThinkEnergyGroup.com
Salary/Wage: 60,000.00 - 80,000.00 USD /year
Job Category: Engineering
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)

Job Description

PILOT - Fixed wing for a National airborne remote sensor company seeking experienced pilot to fly aerial photography missions using twin engine fixed-wing aircraft (Partenavia). Requirements include minimum of 2000 hours with current instrument/commercial rating and extensive travel. Relocation to Birmingham, Alabama is required.

Questions you will be asked:

• Are you willing to relocate to Birmingham, Al.? Are you willing to travel extensively? Do you have a minimum of 2000 hours with current instrument-commercial rating for twin engine fixed wing aircraft?

• List your degrees, licenses, certificates, related training, professional memberships

• What is your current and minimum acceptable salary? Where are you currently working-living? Are you willing to relocate? What is your availability?

This Job is located in Central, AL -> United States
See over 500 Power Plant / Energy Jobs on ThinkEnergyGroup.com.
The city for all our jobs are posted as the capital of the state that they are located in.

Related Words: pilot, twin engine, partenavia, mapping, aircraft, instrument rating, commercial rating, fixed wing, aerial photography

Contact Information

Company: ThinkEnergyGroup.com
Job Number 38048
Reference Code: 38048
http://www.thinkenergygroup.com/think.nsf/JONumAlpha/38048?Opendocument

Freebrd said:
I do know RL, and will look him up. Thanks for the info from everyone. Now, where is the best (easiest?) medical found? I used someone recently who I did not care for just off of 280, Mtn Brook I think. Won't go back to see him again! I've used Dr Foshee in Clanton when I lived in MGM, and he seems cool. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Go to Dr. Crow at Brookwood Internal Medicine. Best and coolest guy in the BHM area. His office is right between the Strip Mall Next to Brookwood Mall and Brookwood Hospital. At a 45' angle from where Cabana Cafe used to be.

I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Ditto!

Dangerkitty said:
Go to Dr. Crow at Brookwood Internal Medicine. Best and coolest guy in the BHM area. His office is right between the Strip Mall Next to Brookwood Mall and Brookwood Hospital. At a 45' angle from where Cabana Cafe used to be.

I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back