• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BEWARE G-III job based PIE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my short corporate carrier (6 years) Ive noticed good jobs go to good people. There will always be an exception to that. But the exception usually doesn't last long. In the last year Ive had friends get good jobs and others stay at bad jobs. There is a reason some of them stay at bad jobs.

Not true. Often it is the reverse. Some of the best guys I know can't break into anything good right now.

I think it quite arrogant to believe one's success is entirely due to themself. Being good at your job, working hard, etc. all improve your chances. But timing, networking, and just old fashioned luck play a huge role in landing a good gig, or any gig for that matter. This is particularly true today where your employer, if so inclined, can replace you tomorrow with ten guys who will do your job for less.

Not true. Often it is the reverse. Some of the best guys I know can't break into anything good right now.

I think it quite arrogant to believe one's success is entirely due to themself. Being good at your job, working hard, etc. all improve your chances. But timing, networking, and just old fashioned luck play a huge role in landing a good gig, or any gig for that matter. This is particularly true today where your employer, if so inclined, can replace you tomorrow with ten guys who will do your job for less.

Unfortunatly you misinterpreted my post.

Since I couldn't agree more with your post I would have to say were on the same page. I would be a fool to say that I got to where I am all by myself. It was a combination off all the factors you listed and more.

Unfortunatly you misinterpreted my post.

Since I couldn't agree more with your post I would have to say were on the same page. I would be a fool to say that I got to where I am all by myself. It was a combination off all the factors you listed and more.

Same here.

Sorry for misreading.

Dumbest post I've read in a long time. Most of the really great jobs in aviation are jobs that no one's heard of.
A lot of us are very happy flying under the radar at little privately-held outfits with outstanding QOL, benefits, and pay.
And it's "decent", Descent is what you begin at T.O.D.

AMEN..........

One for the record:

My college friend flys a G450 for a friggin church..........Makes $230,000/yr. 3 pilot operation. LOL Steal enough money from poor people, they pay well.

AMEN..........

One for the record:

My college friend flys a G450 for a friggin church..........Makes $230,000/yr. 3 pilot operation. LOL Steal enough money from poor people, they pay well.

until they don't-and then what????

Then what .... Go out and get another gig. Might not pay 230, but should not have any difficulty finding a G450/500/550 or V job paying north of 150k.

until they don't-and then what????

You're right...any job can end at any time. But we left college together in 1994, both went home to our respective home towns and built about 500 hours as instructors. He got a job in the right seat of that churches GIII back in 1996.....he's been there ever since. GIII, then GIV, now a G450.

Most likely he'll retire from there with millions of $$ in the bank.............funny thing is, that job has already provided him the money over the past 15 years to play the stock market and make a killing and buy over $200,000 in gold back in 2006 when it was like $600/ounce. He's already set for life.......

Some pilots just get lucky as all hell.......

......funny thing is, that job has already provided him the money over the past 15 years to play the stock market and make a killing

I'm sure he lost it all in 2008 cuz pilots are stupid.

Latest resources

Back