Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Better job: charter, corporate or fractional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But, G200 is patient.....just building up my PIC jet time and waiting on the application window to open at my major airline of choice.

C'mon man... you'd be a fool to leave an $80k job to come work for a "major"!... Believe me when I say that the size of aircraft one flies is completely irrelevant, anyone who tells you differently is also a fool! If your G-job is stable, I'd stay where you're at. A major 121 job is NOT what it's made out to be!

The big bucks!...lol, no. I have heard I make 80K/yr.

Plus that AA717 clown has gotta be making a lot more than me, he's a major airline pilot for chrissakes!..I just fly a little ole mini jet and carry a briefcase for Mr Rich.

Don't you ever forget it. AND, I'm DOUBLE cool--I'm a MAJOR airline pilot AND I'm typed in the GV/GIV=babe magnet.

You may kiss my ring...

:p
TC

P.S.--JP, you need to call me if you have any questions. I'll PM my #. G200, I lost you're number, PM me yours--that is, IF you are willing to lower yourself to talk to airline scum. ;)

The best job is flying part 91 for a cool owner in a decent airplane with a good schedule, pay and benifits with job security.

I hate to tell you, however, their is no one way that is absolutely better than the other. I have flown for two Part 121 airlines and been furloughed from both. I have flown fractional, which was at the time the best job I've ever had, and loved it. With that said I got furlouged there too. I have flown charter as well, which for the most part sucks everywhere. I got lucky and found an outstanding Part 91 gig flying for a Fortune 100 flight department. However, their are some Part 91 jobs that really suck. At my company, all of our flights are scheduled in advance, yet many of the Part 91 jobs are completely on call.

The point is that it completley depends on the specific company, not whether it is fractional, Part 91 or charter.

Thanks for the replies. Seems like Part 91 is the way to go, as long as it doesn't suck.

Thanks for the replies. Seems like Part 91 is the way to go, as long as it doesn't suck.

I think the biggest thing, regardless if you fly 91 or 135, is working for a company that doesn't try to do everything on the cheap.

There *are* charter operators out there that do things "the right way" with regards to operations and with crew compensation...they are just relatively sparse few and far between compared to those who ride their crews hard and put them away wet.

Latest resources

Back