3. Polar
4. World
5. NCA
6. Atlas
7. Cathay
8. JAL
9. Evergreen
10. Kalitta

I wouldn't work at another pax airline unless I had no choice at all.

Evergreen and Kittylitter over Gemini I think not.

bombinha said:
I
Anyway Li'l you'r right about cargo you just put Gemini on your list and didn't put Kalitta there so I think your list didn't have that much research you saying as Gemini right now has a pay freeze for new hores not going over the second year, plus kalitta even w/o the pay freeze pays more than gemini and fly better planes. Not because is 747 compared to DC10's just because our 747's are equiped if top of line eletronics updates FMS EFIS etc and Eletronic flight bags so no jepesen books to carry.

According to http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/kalitta-air-2005030134.htm it would take me 3 years at Kalitta to make what I make at Gemini on year two pay. I think our MD11s are far more sophisticated than your 747-200s . Granted we are on a pay freeze and that needs to change, however, we top out $12hr higher, we also have home basing. We are receiving our EFBs next year.

fogrunner said:
According to http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/kalitta-air-2005030134.htm it would take me 3 years at Kalitta to make what I make at Gemini on year two pay. I think our MD11s are far more sophisticated than your 747-200s . Granted we are on a pay freeze and that needs to change, however, we top out $12hr higher, we also have home basing. We are receiving our EFBs next year.

Any idea if Gemini hires guys with only RJ time or is heavy time a must? I'm close to getting on with a regional but would like to get on with Atlas / Gemini some day.

Steve said:
Any idea if Gemini hires guys with only RJ time or is heavy time a must? I'm close to getting on with a regional but would like to get on with Atlas / Gemini some day.

Oh yea!!!!!! Biggest thing I had flown when I came here was the RJ. We have hired some folks into the 11 recently, who were flyining the F-27....

furloughfodder said:
My list:

1. FedEx
2. UPS
3. Polar
4. World
5. NCA
6. Atlas
7. Cathay
8. JAL
9. Evergreen
10. Kalitta

I wouldn't work at another pax airline unless I had no choice at all.

Ditto!! Flying boxes is where the future is. However, what about good old ATI? A seven year ATI DC-8 captain makes a lot more than ¾ of the airlines on your list, plus a nice schedule, great benefits, and home basing.

I’m sure Kalitta is a great company. I just don’t know if I would put them above ATI, Gemini, ABX, ect.

Just my .02

I wouldn't put ANY non-skeds on that list, unless you don't mind living in hotels and the back of the airplane.

Some guys love it, some hate it. I subscribe to the latter.

Latest resources

Back