• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best-soundin planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you brits w/ your Spits....just kiddin man ;)

I remember BBQing by Dullus and watching them Conc's taking off, man, the sound would wake up the dead!!!!

Crash-proof,

the franklins have a unique staccato exhaust sound as they are taxiing. I always thaought it sounded like they weren't running very well, but that's just how a Franklin sounds.

I did a little research after I asked about hte go480's in the Queen air. Apparently they were made with the igso480's, (like you said) the igso 540s and the io-720's

regards

Yeah I forgot the IO-720s, they sound cool too, but not likes bats out of hell like the 480's.

It's funny cause for some reason I always thought the 720's sounded like radial engines and not horizontal....i like em.

Ahhh all these planes, becomming so rare!!! :(

crash-proof said:
you brits w/ your Spits....just kiddin man ;)

I remember BBQing by Dullus and watching them Conc's taking off, man, the sound would wake up the dead!!!!

:D That's interesting as I also used to BBQ by Dulles, And I just love that sound. Also used to work at Heathrow, I would stand at the end of 27L just to FEEL the take off, happy times:cool:

I'm generally a fan of round motors, but the most memorable sounds I've heard all came from a V12.

Lefty Gardner at the CAF show in a P38

The CAF used to have a Bell King Cobra (P63) that had a wonderful sound on a low level run

And the best memory is of walking on Venice Beach about 4 years ago (corporate layover) watching all the babes, when a P51 and a Spitfire came over low and fast One second, I'm watching the scenery and then the sound of two Merlins explodes into my consciousness; the following second I'm asking where those airplanes are headed and twenty minutes later I'm at Santa Monica. Man what a sound.

later
8N

BTW, has anyone heard Kermit Weeks Mosquito?

Ok, now some sounds I'd really LIKE to hear, and hopefully one day will...

* Sound of R-4360 (I think), the 28-cyl. "corncob" monster. I have no idea what they sound like.

* The Piaggio P-166 - Since i like GO-480's, I can't imagine what they sound like with the prop turned backwards. I remember seeing a Royal Gull takeoff but the airport was so noisy I could barely hear it. :(

Here's a nice site with the cool-lookin Piaggios..
http://www.p166.com

I just have to add in a couple of kerosene burners.

The sound of an RB211 equiped Tristar climbing out (dittos to the person who already mentioned the RB211's)

and, the noise that is made when a JT8D-217 lights off.

8N

20 Series Lear Jets, especially on cold days.

^
^^
^^
^^
^^
() ^ * ^ ()
()^^^^^^ ^^^^^^()
()^^^^^^ ^^^^^^()
^^
( )==^^==( )
^^
__
-----------
-!!-!--^l^--!-!!-

Spitfire, have to love that Merlin...

MUST cut and paste link on this one...

http://www.geocities.com/cxsolo1997/merlin.mp3

I think the be1900D has a cool sound when you cram it into reverse after landing. zzzZZZZHHHHAAAAA!!!! foom. rrrRREEEEE!
sounds cool..:D

Latest resources

Back