Best Ski Resort?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Avalanche

When clients book aircraft charters to Colorado for the ski season, what are the resorts/lodges of choice? What are your personal favorites??

I liked Colorado and Utah, But my Favorite is staying at the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood.

The lodge is half way up the mountain. Just walk out the front door, click on the ski's and either start down the bottom half or head north on the lift up the Miracle Mile.

If they are flying in on their own plane, Aspen, Vail or Telluride are the best. Airports located at all three. Telluride is the hot spot out there right now. I lived in Aspen for a while and loved it. Great hotels, restaraunts etc... Vail is simply a resort. No town or history to it so it doesn't have the same mountain town feel to it.

If they didnt mind driving 40 minutes id say Steamboat Springs Colorado, (fly in via hayden) good slopes, out of the way location, nice small town feel, and none of the stuckups that Telluride and Aspen have.

It's funny, they had an avalanche there a couple of days ago, Avalanche started this thread.

Whoa.

Aspen itself, is wayyy over-rated. Snowmass gets my vote for #1 and its a free bus ride from Aspen.

Vail, back bowls!

"2"

I'm in snowmass right now and the skiing is great. I've been to just about everything in CO and nothing beats the vail back bowls. One day the winds got too high for the lifts to bring people up to the bowls, so I had the entire bowl to myself for about 3 hours. (The inner bowl lift could still operate because it was on other side of mountain)

Here's Johnny!

I liked Colorado and Utah, But my Favorite is staying at the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood.

The lodge is half way up the mountain. Just walk out the front door, click on the ski's and either start down the bottom half or head north on the lift up the Miracle Mile.

Definitely a cool place, stayed there last winter, the exterior of the Timberline lodge was used for the shots in The Shinning staring Jack Nicholson. There was so much snow drifting on the mountain side of the lodge, it went all the way up to the third story.
Meadows is another great place to ski/snowboard on Mt.Hood, only about a 10 min drive from Timberline.

Call me old fashioned, but Arapahoe Basin is still my favorite. After that Vail with the back bowls and then Alta in Utah.

Latest resources

Back