• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best RJ Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Function over fashion. You're not there to look cool, but fly safely. I like quiet, therefore I wear a quiet headset, despite it being big.

I'm also there for 6-7 hours a day and I've worn those vice grips for thousands of hours and At the end of they, I'm not fatigued due to airplane noise and don't have a headache as a result of it. My BOSE A20 stays in my baron and king air.........the 850's stay in the jet.

I have lightspeed Zulus and I really like them. The Uflymike is great until the battery goes dead and the headset dies. A deal breaker for me.

Lightspeed will give you a trade in for your DCs, $200 I think and the purchase is a tax writeoff and no sales tax.

Scott

Ever had dead batteries in your flashlight?
UflyMike and Bose 15 rock.
I have no stock in the company, but have tried about 5 others headsets and this is the best setup for me.
Thanks.

You can pick up a used Bose Aviation X on ebay for $400-$500. If you are a professional pilot you can justify that (or even $1100 for the A20).

I've put about 4,000 hours on my headset which I paid about $1000 for about ten years ago. Over the years I've spent about $150 in batteries, replacement ear cups and muff. I just had it refurbished for $200 so in total I've spent about $1350, which is a lot of money until you realize it works out to about $0.33/hour and I now have a headset that is effectively new. It, obviously, works out better if you can buy a used headset for $500.

You can pick up a used Bose Aviation X on ebay for $400-$500. If you are a professional pilot you can justify that (or even $1100 for the A20).

I've put about 4,000 hours on my headset which I paid about $1000 for about ten years ago. Over the years I've spent about $150 in batteries, replacement ear cups and muff. I just had it refurbished for $200 so in total I've spent about $1350, which is a lot of money until you realize it works out to about $0.33/hour and I now have a headset that is effectively new. It, obviously, works out better if you can buy a used headset for $500.

Good god. Think of all the lap dances you could've bought.

I have the 850's and they work great. I Upgraded from the 750's for more protection and have been very happy. I did leave my 850's at home a few weeks ago and had to use the DC's from the plane. Holly $hit, it was like wearing a football helmet. I completely forgot how heavy those things are. I see why guys that have the DC's are always taking off the headset at cruise....

The Uflymike is great until the battery goes dead and the headset dies. A deal breaker for me.

Been using the setup for six years now. It's NEVER happened. Not even once.

Check it when you plug it in for the day. If the light isn't blinking, it'll run for DAYS. If it blinks, swap a new battery in right then.

The battery thing is truly a non issue.

I have the 850's and they work great. I Upgraded from the 750's for more protection and have been very happy. I did leave my 850's at home a few weeks ago and had to use the DC's from the plane. Holly $hit, it was like wearing a football helmet. I completely forgot how heavy those things are. I see why guys that have the DC's are always taking off the headset at cruise....

ditto...

Latest resources

Back