Best RJ Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Missed Approach

Since it has been a couple years since this has been talked about, what do you think is the best RJ headset?

Right now, the Clarity Aloft Link, Bose Q15 + Uflymike, and a 15 year old pair of David Clarks that leak gel from the ear seals all seem like solid choices.

the DCs in the cabinet, if ya want your own pair look on eBay, slightly well used, might even have the ASA logo on 'em already :)

Since it has been a couple years since this has been talked about, what do you think is the best RJ headset?

Right now, the Clarity Aloft Link, Bose Q15 + Uflymike, and a 15 year old pair of David Clarks that leak gel from the ear seals all seem like solid choices.

Telex 850....dcs belong in props not jets

Do you have to wear earplugs in addition to the 850s?

I used to use a Plantronics under the ear headset which marvgolden.com sells for around $150. There is no molded ear piece and no screwing around with the headset to put sunglasses or the O2 mask on if you ever had to. The only thing you had to get used to was listening in one ear rather than both.

I have used the david clarks, telex 750 (with and without earplugs), telex 850, bose headphones with the uflymike attachment, and I have traded out with guys the bose headsets. out of all those....I love my 850.

Function over fashion. You're not there to look cool, but fly safely. I like quiet, therefore I wear a quiet headset, despite it being big.

Good point. Studies show that exposure to anything above 80dB for extended periods of time can cause hearing loss. The best info I could find online was a cabin measurement in a CRJ700, at 82dB. I would imagine the cockpit could possibly be louder, since the primary noise is from the wind at higher speeds, not the engines. Definitely consider a headset that's quiet.

I have lightspeed Zulus and I really like them. The Uflymike is great until the battery goes dead and the headset dies. A deal breaker for me.

Lightspeed will give you a trade in for your DCs, $200 I think and the purchase is a tax writeoff and no sales tax.

Scott

Latest resources

Back