• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Regionals To Work For

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well.......I assure you American Eagle should be the bottom of the list. When they hire again, you would be stupid to apply here. Trust me! I whish I knew 4 years ago what I know now.

I love to hear the SkyWest guys gloat about the great relationship they have with Delta. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that you guys refuse to stand tall and actually vote in union representation?

I am getting tired of seeing SkyWest in DFW and listening as you gloat about your growth. It must be real nice to remain non-union and ride on the coat tails of the ALPA regionals who work hard to improve quality of life with better contracts.

Oh wait......whats that I hear......"why would we vote in ALPA when we get paid the same as ASA/Comair?" Do you really think that your management would continue raise the bar if it were not for Comair/ASA/ (insert any other regional here)?

Its time for you guys and gals to stand up and grow a set instead of treading on our backs to get that great new city or quick upgrade in the CRJ. :mad:

You may be tired of seeing us in DFW, but get used to it. I have been ALPA before, have no desire to see it here, they did me absolutely no favors, ask any West air guy about it.

KFFA said:
Benifits-Your normal health, dental, vision, 401k, stock options, etc. For travel-free on United(what good this will be in a few months???) and ID100's on Delta for you your family and your folks but they only get ID 90's on Delta.

Relations with Papa carriers-Delta side strong. They would like to have us get 70 seat RJs for next year but that could change.

You get "stock options" at Skywest?

What's an ID100?

That's the first time I've ever heard that the Delta-Skywest relationship is strong. The best I've ever heard it called is lukewarm...

Russ,

I am sorry you had bad luck with ALPA in the past. I am not saying they are not without thier faults, but that is one SORRY A$$ excuse for using other pilot's hard work as a spring board for you own personal gain.

Please give me a better reason why YOU should continue wait in the wings and prosper while Comair pilots STOOD UP for what they thought was right.........for the bennefit of everybody.

As I see it, we will all be at our current airline for some time to come. When do you guys plan on doing your part to help raise the bar for regional pilots?

(And please don't use the ALPA "crutch" this time)

So true, I'm getting so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** tired of waiting for a gate at DFW because Skywest has em all taken! It must be nice to just pick up new routes from ASA/Comair and not worry about having to to stand up to your company and raise the bar at contract time. We at ASA are going to have to do it shortly and Comair already has done it, Skywest jumping in and volunteering to fly any route at the lowest bid is BULLSH**T Just a bunch of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** bottom feeders.

ASARJFO
I have been burned by ALPA before. I believed they would be the savior in Fresno, I honestly did. Generally one doesn't have too many interim stops one the way to the destination airline, so I dont have the perspective of many airlines who are in ALPA, just one, the one that was thrown to the wolves. Remember the law of primacy from the CFI days? I can say without reservation that life is better by far here than it was at Westair with ALPA, but I am still torqued I had to start over again. I am not against a union here at SkyWest, but I gave ALPA a try and they didn't pass the litmus test. Alot of folks at your airline and Comair think what I do, that ALPA represents their interests only when its doesn't conflict with mainline. At least our in house association is looking out for me.

Anaconda
SkyWest has a strong relationship with the big D. SkyWest has a long track record of providing a quality product. Without looking it up, I cant give you an exact time frame, but we have been associated with them for over 20 years. Anything less than a strong relationship and it would have been terminated long ago.

Russ,

I happen to know someone who was hired at United who was interviewed as a Westair furloughee - courtesy of UAL ALPA.

I happen to know a couple hundred who got the shaft....

They may have been around after the bomb was dropped to view the debris, but where were they when the battle was being fought? That was what I paid my dues for, not for them to pick up a few survivors after the fact. I mean no ill will to you, sorry if I come across that way, but I am still bitter about the experience. I hear alot of pilots crow about ALPA and all it does for them. Not many have had their backs to the wall, like we did at Westair(and I hope they never have to) only to see ALPA in full retreat. After you get the big meat treatment from them, the rose color glasses come off. That a few compassionite ALPA pilots doing the interviewing at UA and a few others took pity on them should not be misconstrued as anything but that. In the slight case my salient point isn't clear, ALPA wasn't there during the fight, only a token presence after the fact. Not much bang for my buck.

Latest resources

Back