Best Regionals To Work For

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cheezpilot,

That was what I was thinking that United was trying to do about overlapping. I just didn't know if these were routes that you guys did or are the 737 or 319 routes that we (both SkyWest and Airwisky) have taken over? We are not Union so I don't see us going on strike any time soon, but what about your contract when is that up? By the way do you guys have a good layover in SLC that you guys can do some skiing this winter, let me know I have some good spots to rent skiis.

No contract talks till 2005. I don't know if you have other work groups that are union, and maybe they could slow the airline down? You never know what might happen.

KFFA,

You mention 15 RJ's for this year. Of that number, how many have already been delivered?

I'm just trying to do some fuzzy math and see how many openings for new hires could solidify over the next six months or so. I've heard that there are 60 or so in the pool, and maybe with three classes they'll be gone. Possible interviews this fall?

Wasatch CFI,

The 15 RJs are coming from Aug 1. through Dec. 31st. I believe that 9 are going to United and 6 are going to Delta. I think that we are taking off line 3-4 EMB's. Just a caution about the classes coming. They could be as little as 10 people or as large as 30. Good luck hope you get called real soon.

Ok, Ok, Lets take a deep breath here.

I.P. Freley,

I will agree that the "commode" comment was in poor taste, and I can say that I have never had anything but good experiences with the CA folks that I have run into (which are many since we share many stations).

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. I have NEVER heard any of my coworkers at XJT say anything derogatory about CA. I have also NEVER heard or observed any ugly behavior coming my direction either. You seem to infer that there is some sort of bitterness between our groups. I think their is none. I'm sorry if you may have had a bad experience with someone from XJT, as there are bad apples on everyones list. I would venture to say however, that the majority of us have no beef with CA or its employees.

Sure, maybee WE (XJT) could be doing the flying, but our mgt has decided that they no longer want props. Thats fine with me. I was sad to hear a while back that CA was letting folks go, and I'm glad to see things are better there now.

One last thing, PFT is not what GIA is. We all know the difference. Paying for training is different than renting the seat for a specified period of time. I did not PFT at XJT, however had I done so, I would have more than made my 10K back by now, plus some.

See yah.

dear I.P FREELY,

Well anyone who knows me knows I would never say anything about anyone and not be willing to say it to their face.

So 1. You ARE acting like a j@ckass.

2. The fact that you spent SO much of your time in response sheds light that you may have some disorder.

3. Thank who ever bought you the thesaurus for a gift as it has come in handy and served you well.

4. Never try to deny me my potty humor, for to do so denies me my right to be myself.

As for the rest you and your posts are not worth my time. I wish you health and peace of mind.

Last edited:
Best regionals

This is an interesting discussion to me because of my early nineties perspective. I'm amazed, but not all that surprised, that most of the best commuters for which to work back then are the same ones now.

In my day, nearly everyone wanted to work for Horizon. SkyWest was also popular. I know of one whom Comair picked up. I believe he wanted to work there because he was from Florida or something. Then, I recall a couple who got on with COEX. Also, believe it or not, Mesa was popular. I believe it was because it liked ERAU-Prescott people and was close to Arizona. Off the top of my head, I can think of about ten folks who got on with Mesa.

For what it's worth, some of the old commuters, such as WestAir/United Express and WingsWest, were also popular. WingsWest was absorbed into the Eagle system.

cheezpilot said:
KFFA,
It looks like we are sharing the load with you to SBA, SGF, ELP, HDN, FAR , and Nashville out of Denver. I guess you are sharing the load with us out of LAX to COS and from DEN-TUS. Those are the ones I can remember but maybe United is trying to cover all its express destinations with two carriers?

Added and deleted routes / frequencies at AWAC (deleted flights don't mean a total pull out):

On October 31, we will be adding service in the following markets (flights added); ORD-ABE (3 RT), COS-LAX (2 RT), COS-ORD (3 RT), DEN-MKE (1 OW), DEN-MTJ (1 RT), LAX-SJC (1 RT), MKE-ORD (1.5 RT), MLI-ORD (1 RT), MSN-ORD (3 RT), ORD-STL (1 RT).

We will be deleting the following trips in these markets (flights deleted); BZN-DEN (2 RT), DEN-DRO (1 RT), DEN-ELP (2 RT), DEN-FAR (2 RT), DEN-HDN (1 RT), OMA-ORD (1 OW), DEN-PSC (3 RT), DEN-SBA ( 1 RT), DEN-SGF (2 RT), ORD-SBN (2 RT).

Latest resources

Back