• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Regionals To Work For

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to skywest flight attendants, I can confirm they are beautiful young babies. My last trip, we had a skywest flight attendant jumpseat from denver to casper. When it was all said and done with, we winded up departing late because the captain and I were barraging her with questions trying to keep her up in the flight deck. To bad the jumpseat in the brakillya is no longer authorized. You skywest pilots are very lucky.

Well, if you want "Hot FA's", don't come to Eagle. 95% of em or more are either "huge", baby boomer age, or male.

Last edited:
ASArjfo,

Just trying to answer your questions. We have proven in the past that we wont fly struck work. We did it with Comair, I see no difference except a different date with you guys. But you are right it could be different this time but I doubt it. Also there is no way that we could take over your flying the next day if you did strike there are not enough jets. On top of this what about ACA and some of this flying that they are doing out of Cinci??? Are they not Union??? Doesn't seem to be stopping them of over laping? By the time you guys go on strike if you were to anyways, there would be so much overlaping that Delta is sitting protected today. About the growth at each company and who will sit in the right seat longer???? Don't know, but I can tell you this, if the majors are not hiring then we are going to be here a long time, both of us in the seat we are stuck in. Attrition is down to about 1-2 a month at SkyWest. Oh and by the way, I was serious about asking one of us in DAL about a letter of recomendation.

Russ, she had medium long blonde hair with the typical California good looks. She was probably 20 or so with a nice bubble butt. Sorry I'm getting carried away here.

Like most ASA/Comair pilots I don't like Skywest or ACA flying our trips or moving into our hubs. I don't care what you say, you are not part of DAL (owned). It is up to our MEC's to fix this problem through the collective bargining process. Hopefully we will be rid of you soon.

That said, I don't have any personal dislike for you flight crews, and am nothing but polite to you when we pass in the hall.

I agree that APLA will screw a pilot group in a second if they are not a major (oops, I forgot about TWA). They will screw a major too if it will impress a larger major pilot group that they would like to see join the fold (APA for example). That said, they are the only show in town. We at ASA and Comair are union, and Skywest is only on the property to cover our hubs in case we strike.

Cornelius
I think I know who you are talking about, she lives in San Diego but has Family in the Casper area, ask her about the mouse next time....

Sleepy
Yup, we are not part of the DAL WO, no doubt about that. As far as being "rid" of us, not the slightest chance. We have been associated with DAL for along time, and will continue to do so. We provide a quality product and D recognizes that. I have been hearing for along time from the WO that D is going to dump SkyWest and they take over all of SLC, all the while no such luck for you. Going the other way if anything else. I mean you no harm, and I fully expect to see you in SLC reasonably soon, as I expect we will be in Cincy before too long. A word of advice, never, ever bet against SkyWest, you will lose. Our management is so very conservative, that any agreement is ironclad, any handshake made knowing that we will profit. There is enough flying for all of us, it just happens that it won't be out of one hub only

Russ, I have no ill will toward you or your pilot group. I would not bet a dime on what might happen in this business. What we at ASA need to do is secure a percentage of DCI flying through SCOPE. Contract talks open next month, and this is an issue that is high on our agenda.

I don't expect all of the contract carriers to ever completly go away, but when the DALPA scpoe restrictions come back, I want to make sure that the cuts at DCI don't come fron ASA or Comair.

This is necessary to ensure our continued growth, preserve our quality of life, and maintain our hard won contract gains against lower cost and non-union contract carriers.

''Originally posted by sleepy''
''Like most ASA/Comair pilots I don't like Skywest or ACA flying our trips or moving into our hubs. I don't care what you say, you are not part of DAL (owned).''

No offense here but you may need to look closely at the movement of flying thats been taking place within Delta's Connectors.

ACA moving into CVG - well how about Comair coming into LGA forcing the closure of the LGA base effec Nov 1. ACA has only supplemented CVG flying, not closed the base. What flying has ACA taken over from ASA?

Bottomline is, you can take over and move all the flying you want BUT if both carriers have the same number of planes, just in different locations, at the end of the day there is no net loss in flying. If one Delta Connector is picking up more planes than another than they will definitely end up with more flying.

For the record, ACA has 30 Dornier jets and holding. We cannot pickup or take away anymore flying because we're not getting anymore AC. Fairchild Dornier is now insolvent. We're only taking over the real cream of the crop flying out of CVG like Peoria and Dayton (yeehaa!) while Comair is getting SAV, MYR, JAX out of LGA. Who wins there??!!!

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back