Best food at the airport...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt. Caucasian said:
I firmly believe that ATL, IND, and MCO are the best airports in the world. Why? Because all three have a Chick-fil-a.

Great, but who wants a vendor in an airport that for 'religious' reasons is closed on Sunday. Gee, guess which day is one of the busiest travel days of the week? Makes piles of sense.

For all around awfulness, nothing beats CLE. You IAD guys have five star compared to the culinary options in CLE. The only way to get a digestable meal there is to fork over 10 bucks and 45 minutes over your time to Max and Erma's. If you need something fast, especially if your in Terminal C/D you will regret it as your eating and about 20 minutes later.

In my book every airport needs a Quiznos or Subway. You can only screw-up a sub so many ways. Plus you can eat them cold, which is a major plus on those days where you sit out those 3 hour ground delays.

MIA has a great Cuban restaurant that is set up like a cafeteria. You'll get more food than you can eat for about $7 with your discount. It's located by the Security point to American gates.

labbats said:
MIA has a great Cuban restaurant that is set up like a cafeteria. You'll get more food than you can eat for about $7 with your discount. It's located by the Security point to American gates.

yes it's called La Carreta I believe and hmm hmm good!

MSP - Dairy Queen!C gates, near Maui Taco

Also, Caribiou Coffee one near McD's and another on F concourse.

Oh yeah... forgot about DQ in MSP... line is always too long tho. When I went there the first time I ordered a plain hamburger, they must have heard something else because I ended up with a Flamethrower burger, which I must say was mighty tasty.

Ha!, They do seem to have problems with the burgers there. I ordered a "quarter pound cheeseburger" and ended up with a half pound something or other. Now I just go with how it's spelled out on the menu... "a Classic with cheese please."

The Chinese place down by AA in PIT is pretty good. Made to order and pretty quick. I also liked the one in PHL's G terminal and their bourbon chicken.

The BBQ sandwich at CHO is pretty good. ROA’s breakfast croissant is pretty good. ORF has a pretty good selection. (I really need to get out of VA)

ABE has a Subway before and after security just in case you miss one you can get a sandwich at the other. BGM has a Subway also.

However IAD is the WORST major airport. The McDonalds in C is so small and incredibly slow!!! Taking the panini place out of D really hurts. Now I am going to have to get an Auntie Anne’s hot dogs.

Latest resources

Back