Best food at the airport...

Fly2Scuba

Total Time
Alright, I always thought the food sucked at ORD for the most part considering the size of the airport until I discovered the food court in terminal K (American Airlines) with the excellent Chipolte like Mexican. Any hidden gems at the various middle to large size airports? By the way, host marriot is the frickin' worse with that dang combo of pizza hut/burger king/cinnabon/and that yogurt crap. CLE being the king of this crappy combo and thus leading the way in terrible food choices for an airport that size. IAH is an excellent airport for food with a nice food court in terminal E and a subway/wendy's next to each other in terminal C. One aiport that really turned out it around is Hartford which use to be horrendous and now has great options. MSP just added a Quizno's in concourse D. I'm getting hungry.

Last edited:

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
Total Time
The main food court at ORD between H and K concourses has some good stuff. I like Burrito Beach. They have a card you can get stamped 10 times that you can turn in to get uno mas burrito gratis!

MEM has a good BBQ place on one of the NW concourses. I don't remember which one.

LAX has an employee lunch counter that's actually pretty good. It's on the SIDA in Terminal 4- serves good breakfast burritos for cheap!

ATRedneck

Live to fly, fly to live
Total Time
>7000
IND has a good food court... too bad it's outside security.

pavelump

Total Time
some
MDW has a lot of great choices...

Superdawg
Potbelly's Subs
Gold Coast Dogs
Lalo's Mexican Restaurant
Manny's Deli
Tuscany

with a bunch more "Chicago" local esablishments. I wish O'hare would do the same... Now if they could just get a Portillo's or Al's #1 Beef in there...

Chicago Midway Food

Well, I take it back, ORD does have some decent Chicago restaurants...

ORD Food

Last edited:

RAV152

Total Time
2300+
TPA has good choices on both sides of security.

In the Delta terminal they have a Smoothie joint (forgot the name but good shakes) a gourmet pizza shop and a hot dog place.

I can't remember what is at the Southwest terminal but it is worth going over just to check it out. Huge windows, a kids play area (yes, I have tried it) and just a really cool building.

Outside security there's TGI Friday's (full menu) Taco Bell, Burger King, and a revolving restaurant on top of the hotel if your sit and wallet allow it.

Last edited:
T

Traumahawk

PHL has Cibo's and supposedly some other place people were talking about with a crew menu as well. It definately takes your mind off of rotting for whatever reason you must be in the Philthy.

How about the new airsides for DAL in BOS?? Anything good?

CLT has some good stuff too....

IAD is just pathetic.

BlackPilot628

Total Time
5000+
AutoCars Armed said:
2nd That...G terminal really stinks..

I third that! The Ghetto Terminal is bad!

As far as food goes.

STL has a pretty good employee Cafe under the main Terminal, Outside of Security.

CLT has a great selection including the Crab house on the C conc.

BNA has a great taco stand where they make your tacos in front of you. (Soft or hard) It is directly across for the Delta gates.

Kaman

Total Time
I will definetly agree with the previous post about IAD...Especially, the B terminal. The good places that they did have closed, including Burger King. The California Pizza Kitchen is about the only place left. The new Italian place flat sucks!

millhouse21

No longer in the Sand Box
Total Time
The panini place in IAD is really good. It's a little shed kind of between C and D. Cheap, and good. Best kept secret at that airport.

jws717

registered abuser
Total Time
loads
ATL has the cheapest airport breakfast food. The chinese place in the international terminal seves awsome breakfast for like 2.99 eggs bacon biscit the works plus coffee. And there is always crystal( cheap ) in b i think, but beware it returns with revenge in 1-2 hours.

rightrudder

Total Time
7000+
millhouse21 said:
The panini place in IAD is really good. It's a little shed kind of between C and D. Cheap, and good. Best kept secret at that airport.

The panini place is gone. It will be replaced by a dunkin donuts.

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
Panda Express at KDEN/DIA.

Just kidding, airportfood s*cks no matter what or where.

chperplt

Total Time
The Blimpe Subs shop in ATL term D has good food and is pretty cheap as far as airports go.

The new Delta term in Boston has great food, but you're going to pay for it$$$$

Afixedwing

Total Time
Ralgha said:
LAX has Wolfgang Pucks, dang good pizza.

Wolfgang Puck is in cahoots with Frank Lorenzo so I avoid it.

My favorite place to eat is the Greek place in the F-Gates at ORD. They have great spinach pie.
The BBQ place at CLT is excelent, they have fried pickles.
BNA has a fairly decent BBQ & Mexican place.
There's a quaint little deli with a great selection across the street at PWM.
TPA has a great sandwich place in the Delta gates (E I think).
DCA has Legal Seafood, as does BOS

lear24

Country pilot
Total Time
est
Traumahawk said:
PHL has Cibo's and supposedly some other place people were talking about with a crew menu as well. It definately takes your mind off of rotting for whatever reason you must be in the Philthy.

Cibo in B concourse has the employee menu, as well as Skyy Bistro in C concourse. They are both owned by the same guy, as well as the various Jet Rocks throughout the airport. Skyy (chinese and sushi) is pretty good stuff, and Cibo is a great italian meal. Down the end of C (hang a left at the end) is the bistro, no idea what it is actually called, but they have pretty good food too.

Steveair

Total Time
rightrudder said:
IAD has got to be the worst major airport.

I always liked that Chinese place on the east side of the B Gates. Fridays is in the main concourse - you could get a steak and drink for 11 bucks with the tip. Unfortunately you can only cut the steak with a plastic knife.