• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best food at the airport...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The old DTW terminal had an employee cafeteria called "Cafe Elegante". The food was pretty good. One of the ladies who worked ther made the best pancakes the world has ever seen. Guys actually tried to buy the recipe but she refused to sell. She was no dummy...knowledge is power.

In MSY, there was "Antoines On The Ramp". The gumbo was over the moon.

I firmly believe that ATL, IND, and MCO are the best airports in the world. Why? Because all three have a Chick-fil-a.

Although I am slightly biased because I am IAH based, but Pappadeauxs in Terminal E is one of the best sit down places in any airport, but only Monday thru Friday. That is when they have the cajun buffet. Mmmmm, all you can eat crawfish ettouffe for less than nine bucks.

As far as airport BBQ: BHM has Golden Rule (a tradition here), MEM for obvious reasons, AUS, CLT, CAE, BNA (I used to live across the street from a Whitt's), RIC, IAH (in Gordon's Galley).

Nothing could be worse than Great American Bagel in CLE, except the chili there is alright. ORD sucks. Sarasota, FL takes my vote as the worst, though. $9 hamburger? WTF?!

I wish someone would put a White Castle in an airport.

PIT: The Wok down by American in terminal D has the best General Tso's chicken. Every time I'm at PIT, I make a special trip there whether I'm hungry or not.

be careful with that General's Chicken.... it'll be knockin' at the old starfish in no time!!!!!!

MEM at B17 or 19...somewhere in that area. Interstate BBQ. The line is usually long, but it goes quick. I really miss my chopped pork platter with beans n slaw. One of the few things that I miss from my days as an XJer. You can mail order some of their stuff on line, too.

There is a Ruby Tuesdays at TYS. They have a pretty decent salad bar that you can get to go. This is great when you only have a 30-40 minute turn there.

MY favorites, in no particular order (OK, Gold Star is at the top of my list):

Gold Star Chilli; Delta Terminal 3, Concouse C, CVG.

The little diner at MDT was always good and cheap.

The best cheap salad in the biz was at the small restaurant at ROA.

The biscuit place at CRW.

The barbque place at RIC.

The restaurant at BTV, while average, has great views and service.

The biscuits and gravy at the place at TRI was outstanding.

The restaurant at GSP is actually a great restaurant, with pretty good views and wonderful service. If you have the time to take a sit down, order off the menu meal here, do so.

The cheese store in ATW always has free samples. And the lady behind the counter is a sweetheart.

I seem to really like food...

Latest resources

Back