Best Entry Level Medium

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CelticCitation said:
Acquisition is a big factor in the bottom line. Lots of (relatively) cheap Citation III's out there in the $3.5 range. We are in the west, a lot of Jackson Hole and Sun Valley. I know the III's are very field limited, but given their low price, would it make a descent charter? Is there something better for the money like a Lear 55, or 700 Hawker? Coming from light jets, and looking to get a bigger cabin, more speed, range, etc.

I, for one, like ascent charters! :)
lol

Had to read my post twice to get the "ascent charters" line. Better late than never.

No one seems to be defending Citation III's. Maybe that is an answer in itself.

The WSCoD, although certainly a fine aircraft,
icon6.gif
(snicker, snicker) would most likely suffer from the same runway-itis that the 650, 700, and 55 do at elevation. Even with those fancy limb-cutter looking things glued to the wing.

Falcons are out there for little more money. How is the support? Don't know much about their hot and high. Any one operating got an opinion?

CelticCitation said:
Falcons are out there for little more money. How is the support? Don't know much about their hot and high. Any one operating got an opinion?

Superb support. We had a slow leak leak on a main tire fuse plug while in Europe. Dassault had a full wheel on a rim sent to us in 1 day .... under warranty to boot (suprising). They also had contracted a local flight department to give us a hand.

I do not think that they will provide the same level of support to the 20 fleet, however. If the 20's are like any other older airframe out there, every time you take it to the service center you will roll the dice on costs. Best to get one that is service center maintained, if there is such an animal, and keep it there. Non represented FBO's can turn your airplane into a maintenance nightmare with little chance of help from the manufacturer.

High and hot is great in the 50/900 and very good in the 2000EX. It starts to deterorate from there. I have never flown the 20 series so I cannot speak on them.

G100driver said:
I have never flown the 20 series so I cannot speak on them.

I have dealt with the 20's and they are fine flying aircraft. However, you do not want anything earlier than a F model and you want the 731 conversation. The CF700's are becoming maintenance nightmares. They are based on the CJ610's and GE doesn't support either engine to any great degree. Overhauls are becoming outragous. Plus the fuel burns. It is either pay me now or pay me later. The way the price of fuel is becoming, the pay off of getting fuel effient engines is becoming much shorter.

And forget about 200's. They are orphans. They actually have a lower market value than the 20F's with the 731 conversation, which is an older aircraft. That tells you something.

Latest resources

Back