• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best commuting contracts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Other then the above listed websites, wasinc.com, directpersonel.com, aeroprofessional.com, parc.com are their other contract firms?

Thanks for the info! I am going to do this move and of course looking for lots of info. Right now the contracts to Japan look the highest paid but I am also to understand they are the toughest to get. What about India, Vietnam, etc? Are they as tough to get on with? Thanks

Apply through the following agencies, one located at the Vietnamairlines.com website, follow prompts to careers, or PARC Aviation and also Rishworth Aviation. Opinions about Parc and Rishworth available at PPruNe.org. Feel free to contact me for any information.

It seems like alot of the contract jobs require a Type rating so what are us to do which do not hold a type? Also hearing some Asian airlines will never let an ex-pat upgrade?

some Asian airlines will never let an ex-pat upgrade?
Generally this used to be true, not so much anymore, I'm a contractor at an Asian airline that has started upgrading in an effort to attract new pilots, within a few weeks we will also accept non-type-rated pilots, we have at least 4 A320's parked everyday due to lack of crews, we have one A330 and two A321's wet-leased. Many pilots seem to be heading to the ME where salaries and benefits keep going up.

Checked the Vietnam website out of curiosity, it was a little confusing but it seemed like in the requirements they required 1000 hours on Type, I think it was even PIC. Is that correct? Also how does 6 on 2 off equate to a good schedule for commuting?

For those of you "commuting" back to the States, how much is the average airfare for a round trip ticket? I know it depends on your destination but I just want some numbers to have an idea.

Thanks in advance

Latest resources

Back