Best commuting contracts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyward80

So, who has the best commuting contracts out there? I am base the word "best" on consecutive days at home and the ease of travel to/from the work site. Any input is appreciated. If you don't live in the US, please mention the country from which you commute.

Skyward80

I hav hear KAL might be good, live anywhere on network with biz upgradeable to first.

Your mileage may vary!

I thought Vietnam Airlines was only a 6 on/2 off schedule. Is this a recent change?

Skyward80

Yes, it will be on a straight prorated basis compared to the 6/2 schedule, they are trying to attract more pilots, several flights canceled everyday now due to insufficient number of crews. Also expecting a 15 to 20 percent raise in salary within 60 days, they are concerned. Several pilots on the four weeks on, four weeks off schedule now.

Added: Two hour ETOP's approval has just ben received for the 77, expect flights to the west coast to begin by the end of the year (I hope).

Last edited:
I agree with say again over. Vietnam seems to be the best option for commuting. You could pretty much live anywhere in the world with the new roster patterns.

Hi!

Air India was 6 weeks on/2 off, and they just went to a 30/30 option, where they fly you business class. The 30/30 thing is new for Asia, as they can't get enough N. American pilots.

Rumours of US basing opening in the future for a variety of Asian operators.

Cathay pilots can be N. American based.

cliff
GRB

Vietnam

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I've talked to Parc, new contract 4/4 a bit low in pay $5200/month for FO including living expenses, that's it, plus you have to find your own transportation to and from work at base. Other contracts (Direct Personnel) offer around 5500 Euros/month plus they pay for your lodging 5 star hotel suite 6 on/2 off, plus round trip tickets every time you come home, transportation to and from work at base. The way the dollar is right now I take the Euro any time. This contract with Parc at Vietnam should be at least around $8000 lodging included. I will wait a bit; if they need people they are going to have to pay allot more. [/FONT]

they need people they are going to have to pay allot more
El Capitan, I hope you are sending that message to PARC.

By the way, you need twice the money to live in Europe.

Latest resources

Back