• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best and Worst dressed pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best dressed is simple, clean, unadorned, and ironed. Extra emphasis on clean and ironed.

Yes, and Im a guy!! What's your point? This thread is GAY!!!!!!!!!

Relax... Your first post made it seem like you thought the OP was gay. Just trying to put the post into gender context, but perhaps the OP was tryin to flame.

Maybe you're the guy with a clip-on tie and the ring-around-the-collar wrinkled shirt hanging out after the first leg, so PAY ATTENTION! ;)

you're trying to gauge someones "stylishness" by what they wear to work???? In this profession?? WTF is wrong with you???!!!

RV

The best dressed pilots are those who take care of their uniforms. Military background helps and very much noticeable.

The starting point - design and quality of the uniform - help too. Delta's is the best by far.

pocono's all flame. and you guys bite way too much

I think we should have more bling so the shorter among us aren't confused w/ the flight attendants-- wings- maybe extra stripes for years of service to industry and others for company- other stripes for hours flown- a bar on our chest for every type rating-- sounds gay- but the public values experience- maybe if the public could actually see the difference between a pilot out of college and a 20 year veteran, they'd put pressure on the outsourcing.

(yeah- i'll repeat that it's gay-- but if we could do it discretely enough and it helps our leverage....)

oh-- good shoes, shined up before every trip-- new shirts- iron w/ starch- they make the travel cans so you can bring it along... it's really not hard- hang up your pants- and dont' get them shiny over-ironing them- just get the wrinkles out from behind the knees and keep the crease that the dry cleaner put in.

and i still want patches for the leather jackets(!)

Last edited:
If you want to talk flight attendants, Virgin Atlantic by far are not only the best looking-- but UNIFORM. Everyone of them wears exactly the same thing, down to the shoes, luggage and purses too. Having an appearance standard, including weight, helps too. It's too bad we can't discriminate like that, maybe if we did-- the flight attendant profession wouldn't look like by wife's scrapbook club meetings... Meanwhile, although our flight attendants are among the best in service, I get dismayed when I see not one of them looking like the next-- down to the scarves and own winter coats they bring with them when they fly, not to mention the Obama pins they wear on their chest too...

No, he's not.

Pocono is also quite upset that male 756 first officer mentioned on the other ethics thread gave him anal herpes. That combined with getting turned down at Continental still has the bitterness leaching out.

Latest resources

Back