Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
Just wondering what yalls opinion was of some of the better 135 cargo ops out there for us up and coming low timers.

Acc

I second the Air Cargo Carriers Comment. They will hire you straight into the right seat of a twin turbine aircraft and when you have you 1200 TT you will get typed and upgraded to captain. You learn a lot and the Shorts is a real fun airplane to fly; very forgiving.

ACC must have a base here in DTO. Theyve got a few shorts down here. I actually saw a pretty good looking blue/white falcon out there today.

Airnet has to be one of the best. Maybe not the quickest route to a turbine, but the best money and quality of life while you're waiting. One example, most 135 jobs require you to scrape the ice off your plane by yourself, or at best give you a spray bottle of de-ice fluid. Airnet puts all their planes in hangars during the winter, and if the weather requires de-ice between legs, then you call the truck and do it right.

x'2 for Airnet... I love it and great training as opposed to some others. Also there are good chances to get the Caravan out of training.

check6 said:
RAM looked like a decent place to go. Their website is informative.

They'll make loads of promises and then in the end cut your pay and give you fewer bennifits. Great group of folks, but don't trust the management...

A couple follow-up questions, regarding ACC...

What is the starting-salary for a new-hire F/O?

What are the mins. for the right-seat? (less than 1,200?)

Does ACC require a contract?

Thanks!

El Guapo said:
I second the Air Cargo Carriers Comment. They will hire you straight into the right seat of a twin turbine aircraft and when you have you 1200 TT you will get typed and upgraded to captain. You learn a lot and the Shorts is a real fun airplane to fly; very forgiving.

Ram actually has good management. During a buyout it is impossible to make everyone happy. They had to standardize the pay somewhere between what Ram paid and what Package paid. Pilots at Ram are happy. Its just a couple of Package guys who are disgruntled and I guess I can understand. If I was in their shoes I might be a tad upset too.

Latest resources

Back