• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The largest was started in 1935 by FDR as part of the "New Deal" . . . it's called Social Security.

AMEN!

50 Billion to zip! OMFG!!!

It amazes me that nobody seems ANGRY that this piece of excrement stole 50B, even from some of the biggest charities in the US! If he had robbed me at gunpoint for my per-diem, he'd be in a real jail.

House arrest? All he's going to get is Club Fed. Until he runs, of course.

Though I'd guess it is often a case of finding scape goats for more extensive corruption, I have to give it to the Chinese as to how they deal with this sort of excrement- execution. It does have a deterrent power that house arrest and mowing lawns at white collar prison 'resort' don't come close to.

A lot of people look at Social Security wrong....like they are expecting to get something out of it. In my view it's just a tax like any other. I pay SS tax to help old people. Just like the other taxes you pay, don't plan on getting any of it back. That's not the way it should be, but that's the way it is.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Entering a Ponzi scheme can be rational even at the last round of the scheme if a government will likely bail out those participating in the Ponzi scheme.[3]"

Latest resources

Back