• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme

mrebuck

Total Time
>5000
Another example of "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

993_Pilot

MIGS
Total Time
20 yrs
It's all the unions fault . . . just ask B19.

brokeflyer

Total Time
management.....once again like I said......and it is undisputed.

I dare you to respond.

993_Pilot

MIGS
Total Time
20 yrs
Nothing compared to the Ponzi scheme being run by Paulsen and Bernanke.

The largest was started in 1935 by FDR as part of the "New Deal" . . . it's called Social Security.

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
The largest was started in 1935 by FDR as part of the "New Deal" . . . it's called Social Security.

THAT is the most true statement EVER posted on FI.

F/O

Smells like....
Total Time
A lot of people look at Social Security wrong....like they are expecting to get something out of it. In my view it's just a tax like any other. I pay SS tax to help old people. Just like the other taxes you pay, don't plan on getting any of it back. That's not the way it should be, but that's the way it is.

Ticker

Total Time

AMEN!

50 Billion to zip! OMFG!!!

phr8dawg

Total Time
---
It amazes me that nobody seems ANGRY that this piece of excrement stole 50B, even from some of the biggest charities in the US! If he had robbed me at gunpoint for my per-diem, he'd be in a real jail.

House arrest? All he's going to get is Club Fed. Until he runs, of course.

skyaddict

Total Time
Though I'd guess it is often a case of finding scape goats for more extensive corruption, I have to give it to the Chinese as to how they deal with this sort of excrement- execution. It does have a deterrent power that house arrest and mowing lawns at white collar prison 'resort' don't come close to.

hyflyin

Total Time
Whoa
A lot of people look at Social Security wrong....like they are expecting to get something out of it. In my view it's just a tax like any other. I pay SS tax to help old people. Just like the other taxes you pay, don't plan on getting any of it back. That's not the way it should be, but that's the way it is.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Entering a Ponzi scheme can be rational even at the last round of the scheme if a government will likely bail out those participating in the Ponzi scheme.[3]"