• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bend Over C.O.M.A.I.R!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am getting sick of this *H%! when the hell am I going to upgrade!!! This company SUCKS!!!

I've been with Comair since late 04 and will be upgrading in about 8 months.......At my new job.
Sorry for your luck at Comair, if you want career progesion you'll have to take the bull by the horns. Or vote for Hillary she'd promise you an upgrade.

I am getting sick of this *H%! when the hell am I going to upgrade!!! This company SUCKS!!!

If the TT hours in your profile are correct you've been there, what, 4 years? Back in '03 all upgrades at CMR came to a screeching halt and they have stayed that way ever since. Are you just now figuring this out? I understand your frustration, but the writing has been on the wall for a while now. Get out. Suck it up. Go to whoever is the RJ flavor-of-the-month, get the quick upgrade and move on.

CMR is slowly decaying. It isn't what it was back in '01 when we showed the world that regional pilots could and would make a stand. It certainly isn't what it was for the 18-24 months immediately after the strike. Starting around '03 things started to slide. At each point we all kept thinking that this is as bad as it will get. Guess what? There was always a little bit more "worse' left in the gun. Fast forward to today. Nothings changed. CMR is exactly the way it has been for going on 4 years now. They are in a slow, steady and unyielding decline. I wish it weren't the case, but it is.

I'm on your side. I'm a CMR refugee. I finally got the hint and bailed. I'm glad I worked at CMR. Great folks over there, but it's over.

I didn't say N numbers, I said ship numbers. All of ASA's 70 seaters are number 701, 702 etc up to 761 (they skipped a few). The Comair planes that we've 'taken' are 317, 331, 354, 355, 390 etc. The tail numbers are also 317CA, 331CA, 354CA.

As for the history, it doesn't matter, many planes have been moved around between DCI carriers. I didn't participate in that based on my wages (some can't say that). Therefore, my point still stands, don't look at us and give us crap as if we made the move to screw over Comair.

Did you even read my post?

COMAIR SHIP NUMBERS DO NOT START WITH '3,' THEY START WITH '10.'

ASA CHANGED THE COMAIR SHIP NUMBERS TO THEIR OWN.

THE ONLY WAY TO TELL IF IT IS A FORMER COMAIR AIRPLANE IS TO SEE THE TAIL NUMBER, WHICH ENDS IN 'CA.'

COMAIR PILOTS ARE NOT MAD AT YOU THEY ARE MAD AT MANAGEMENT.

Are those simple enough terms for you to understand?

Why am I arguing with Smacktard?

"Too High", "No, it's too Far," "Dude it's too High"

"Who gives a $#!+ It's Gone" Major League

Why waste a breathe on this guys. It's not going to realign where all of these planes have gone.

Did you even read my post?

COMAIR SHIP NUMBERS DO NOT START WITH '3,' THEY START WITH '10.'

ASA CHANGED THE COMAIR SHIP NUMBERS TO THEIR OWN.

THE ONLY WAY TO TELL IF IT IS A FORMER COMAIR AIRPLANE IS TO SEE THE TAIL NUMBER, WHICH ENDS IN 'CA.'

COMAIR PILOTS ARE NOT MAD AT YOU THEY ARE MAD AT MANAGEMENT.

Are those simple enough terms for you to understand?

Why am I arguing with Smacktard?

All 70 seaters have "build" numbers that start with a 10. All 50 seaters start with a 7. I'm not sure the exact term for these numbers but it's basically a serial number for the airframe.

Comair uses this build number as a "ship" number and ASA uses the first three numbers of the N number as a "ship" number. This is just so everyone who works at ASA or Comair can identify the aircraft.

You can find the "build" numbers on the instrument panel on ASA ships. Every airline labels their ship numbers a bit differently.

Now quit arguing!

If the TT hours in your profile are correct you've been there, what, 4 years? Back in '03 all upgrades at CMR came to a screeching halt and they have stayed that way ever since. Are you just now figuring this out? I understand your frustration, but the writing has been on the wall for a while now. Get out. Suck it up. Go to whoever is the RJ flavor-of-the-month, get the quick upgrade and move on.

CMR is slowly decaying. It isn't what it was back in '01 when we showed the world that regional pilots could and would make a stand. It certainly isn't what it was for the 18-24 months immediately after the strike. Starting around '03 things started to slide. At each point we all kept thinking that this is as bad as it will get. Guess what? There was always a little bit more "worse' left in the gun. Fast forward to today. Nothings changed. CMR is exactly the way it has been for going on 4 years now. They are in a slow, steady and unyielding decline. I wish it weren't the case, but it is.

I'm on your side. I'm a CMR refugee. I finally got the hint and bailed. I'm glad I worked at CMR. Great folks over there, but it's over.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Glad to be gone too..........................

I think it is just Delta's way to payback Comair and ALPA for the strike. Wither away an ALPA group, grow Non-Union and Teamster groups.............NO wonder ALPA failed at SkyWest.

Just curious, What is the seniority number and/or employee number of the most junior captain now?? How many guys had their upgrade postponed/canceled?

967 is the most Junior Active Captain in JFK right now. July of 2002 DOH. There is a class of 11 uprgading as we speak, but that will be the last class for a while from the sound of things.

ouch!! That sucks.

I don't think you could pay me enough to commute to JFK.........No way.........

Mesaba went from 6-7 year FO's to Street Captains in 6 months, I wonder if Comair will too???

I go through CVG very often and have quite the opposite experience. Perhaps its just you they don't like.

Try doing like I do when I'm there: walk around with a genuine smile on your face, speak nicely to everyone you come across, make the effort to start a friendly conversation with them and have some empathy for them.

Not sympathy or pity, but empathy. They've had it pretty rough for a while now.

Frankly, I get far more attitude from fellow ASA pilots than I do any other group besides Delta. Maybe its you who has the problem.....
Well not all of us can pull off that dopey half stupid look that you have. Secondly, I try and say hello to every pilot I pass, except freedom, but the Comair and Delta pilots are the only ones I have seen that don't reciprocate. Just seems odd that the two groups that hate each other the most, act the most alike. As for you, well when they say hello to you it is not empathy, it is true pity. Sorry dude!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back