Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

Hello all:

The boss has told me to go out and get a Beechjet. He sat in one and loved the cabin. We have been flying Citations and a Lear 31A.

What are the general impressions of the 400/400A? Relibility, range, etc. etc.? Has the double-engine flamout issue been resolved?

Thanks in advance.

The Air Force flies them dailey for pilot training, known as the T-1. They seem to be doing just fine. I don't remember the range or any of the specifics since it has been several years since I flew one.

He'll love that cabin until it stays on the ground if its too hot, too cold or too high outsie. The 400XP/ Beechjet 400A is a good plane for 4 people and a FEW bags doing coastal flying of 800 nm or less. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Our normal trip is AVL-VNC, we would like to occaisonally do VNC-TEB, or VNC-CLE, VNC-MPV, with reasonable reserves. Is this possible under normal wx?

We usually carry two-three pax and not too much luggage.

Our normal trip is AVL-VNC, we would like to occaisonally do VNC-TEB, or VNC-CLE, VNC-MPV, with reasonable reserves. Is this possible under normal wx?

We usually carry two-three pax and not too much luggage.
You shouldnt have a problem with most of the legs except for vnc-mpv. Not that you won't make it, it might be tight somedays.

I don't want to brag, but I flew LAS-GRR nonstop last summer in a 400A and landed with 1,100lbs fuel.

1433nm in 3+14. That's a 448kt average ground speed.

Last edited:
The Beechjet is referred to as the BeechJUNK for good reason. Nice cabin but terrible performance. Why not look at a CJ2+ or a CJ3?

You will be disappointed going from Citations to this thing. Make sure that you do have a glider rating before getting a Beechjet.....could come in handy someday with that thing. Its a cute little plane but its too complicated for what it is, especially when compared to citations.

The Air Force flies them dailey for pilot training, known as the T-1. They seem to be doing just fine. I don't remember the range or any of the specifics since it has been several years since I flew one.

I have an acquaintance who flies the T1 in the Air Force. Not a comparable operation at all unless you are into low-level nav, bounce patterns and short cross country flights. Apples and oranges.

Latest resources

Back