• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beechjet questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, I almost forgot the dance of the "Mother F%^&#r". If and when you go to training they call it a nose gear pin. However you will name it the above mentioned term. When you are in TEB in the winter with deice fluid all over the ground and you are sitting on an engine plug with a foot on each side of the nose wheel kicking it back and forth shouting at this little pin like a 2 yr old having a tantrum. Then you go inside the FBO to wipe off the glycol you got all over the sides of your shoes and pants. Then you want to go find the nearest Japenese guy and kick him in the teeth for ever allowing such an abomination to be built.

Damm, not cool at all. Is there anything this aircraft does well?

Funny you bring up a GIIB, because we seriously condisered one. I pushed it off, as I was scared to death of the maintenance bills, recurring AD's, and the new legislation that is looking to ban stage II A/C.

You can hush it for a half-mil. You'd be WAY ahead of the ball game...and actually have a nice bird.

HOWEVER, the fuel bills will be beyond scary....esp when compared to your current equipment. But you can't go wrong with that airframe. Hire your own mech an have at it.

No.

The gear pin is a mess.

Mechanics hate this airplane. I'm talking burning hatred. Go find a mechanic and ask him about inflating the nose strut on one, and watch him blow a gasket. Poor design, but that is what this thing is all about.

If they buy one of these things, I would quit.

Yup-It has been proven to be an efficient glider...It aslo does a great job training our US Military on how to fly heavier jets as in the cargo, bombers, refuelers. Actually, I would love to have one to make a huge offset smoker/grill out of. I could just walk the cow or pig in and start cookin'

Not sure what Citation you are coming from but this Sushi Slug from Raytheon, eh ah Beechcraft, ah no wait--Mitsubishi yea thats it weighs in over 1000lbs heavier empty than a straight V and takes 1000lbs less fuel.

Lets look at some numbers--I just found my be 40 books. I want to have a campfire anyhow..

Lets say its 30C in VNC-Not hard to do huh-
Well you wanna go up north?
16.3 flaps 0-TOFL-5710-hey wait, isnt VNC only 5000'
16.3 flaps 10-TOFL 4848-swee huh-aww crap under 3.3% Climb-Tell the boss is VFR only to depart.
16.3 flaps 20-TOFL-4513-yahoo we're going! Buzz NOT! The number is written in RED-That can't be good. Like a 1% Climb grad.
Or you can st overlook the numbers or slide em in your favor as they are all ambigous spaghetti charts.

How many times do we have to tell you:
Friends don't let friends buy Beechjunk.

As far as the GIIB I just saw one just under 3M with all the III mods including winglets and the hush hush you naughty boy kit with great paint and newer interior. As far as the gas cost--he is now a player rollin in a "G" and it aint free! What does he wan't? a BIG cabin and cheap DOC's? Buy a P180-then nobody will know if you are coming or going...:cartman:

Oh Oh I almost forgot, You plan on going to VT? MPV? They don't have a de-ice truck there and have fun on a big ladder on the ice removing snow from a tail you can't see or reach! Didn't FLOPS have a guy slip and get hurt real bad a few years ago doing that..He is prob getting screwed on that other threat called FLOPS steals from its sick and injured. Contaminated numbers in the BJ are just silly-like 8K' or something to start out..
Oh I could go on and on.. but I have to study for my FLOPS BJ salesman test-goodnight-wait-I am done--I just keep telling them look at the nice big cabin-nice huh--and did I mention the nice big cabin?
Where's my drink?

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for everyones help......I'm going to start drinking heavily now.

Ever notice how easy the pin comes out when its the other guy's turn? Dam that makes me mad!

As far as performance...all I can say is, August at 2pm, crew only, just enough fuel to get from ASE to DEN, and still scared the pants off us going so far down the runway.

Uh, oh! Is that little whispy thing up here at 380 a cloud? As my finger reaches up to those now very familiar buttons.

As far as design goes: Blah! I heard a FSI guy once comment that its a Japanese design, built in Texas by migrant workers. No wonder the switches are backwards. However, if you can figure out how to put all that luggage in the rear compartment, you'll score well on those IQ tests for lateral thinking.

Latest resources

Back