• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Beechjet questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have shown them so many airplanes that I am nauseated. I finally said, "OK, you pick one....just pick one." They chose the BJ....that'll show me. Oh well, we'll have it for about two years, then they'll be tired of it and on to the next airplane.

I have shown them so many airplanes that I am nauseated. I finally said, "OK, you pick one....just pick one." They chose the BJ....that'll show me. Oh well, we'll have it for about two years, then they'll be tired of it and on to the next airplane.

That is too bad. Oh, well win some lose some. No they will get sick of it after it breaks on them all the time or they can't go anywhere. But, it is cheap some people can't see past that.

Has there been any further information given out on why the Beechjet has had flameouts?I remember that a procedure was put in place by Raytheon/FLOPS for turning on heaters when near clouds,but as a passenger,I want to know WHY the Flameouts happened and if the problem has been fixed.This may not be the proper thread for this question so please move it ,if so.

That is too bad. Oh, well win some lose some. No they will get sick of it after it breaks on them all the time or they can't go anywhere. But, it is cheap some people can't see past that.
You're forgetting that most operators don't have the stringent safety and maintenance guidelines we have. "2nd segment climb? What's that?" "It's broken? Well, we'll just get it fixed when we get back." Somehow, hundreds of others have made it work for decades (including Options). It just doesn't do the job for us.

Well then.. I drink to you...turning on eng ice switches because some engineer thinks it may work to keep you from forgetting the phrase L/D Max. Another drink...to you parked when it gets too hot or too cold.. Or you flying it illegally to satisfy your boss's decision to buy a cabin.
Have fun in school and fly safe-Congrats on a new type..but I would have traded you my BJ rating for some beer.

You're forgetting that most operators don't have the stringent safety and maintenance guidelines we have. "2nd segment climb? What's that?"

I liked the story I heard in ground school, where an owner was arguing with the pilot about why he wouldn't launch out of Aspen when other people in the same model were taking off into the soup. He tried to explain second-segment climb a couple of different ways, and then it finally sank in:

"So let me get this straight... If an engine quits, we'll hit the mountains?"

"Yes."

... a pause ...

"Let me know when the weather's cleared up. I'll be inside."

:D

Latest resources

Back