• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Be Wary about Midwest's takeover by Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This guy was fired from Midwest because he dosn't know what he's talking about. He will never let it go, he's out to slam Midwest anytime he can.

there's a lot of wine that can be made from the sour grapes that a few air tran pilots seem to display from their failed takeover attempt.

they should read this: http://www.coping.org/control/letgo.htm

..."I hope Milwaukee's leadership awakens to the fact that vital economic interests are at stake. Watching, waiting and hoping does not make a place great."...

Seems the the tranny would have been a better deal for that city. I realize that it's very unwanted but look at the plans they had. Midwest has been in a DIRE situation going all the way back to August 2000. They have only produced two quarters with a (very) small $$. I friend on the property said that furloughs were on they way but quietly pulled back due to the fact that they were to increase MKE service and jobs and are not. It was even said to have been on the cheif pilot hot line for a short time last month. The history is really weak, they have not been adding jobs. Heck did they replace the entire ramp ops in like 2004? Again, Airtran "claimed" to want to expand that city but I really don't think Midwest ever will.

so a company that didn't declare bankruptcy EVER is in DIRE situation since 2000, but NWA, Delta, UAL, US Air (x2), America West, and Continental (x2) aren't????????

Believe me Karma Police, if I made as much money as that guy does publishing the most obivous facts of the airline business, I would leave any job to do it. Everybody knew the new AirTran routes out of MKE they were proposing were bull. Since they have all these new planes coming, why don't they prove us wrong and start the cities?

NATURE....GOULET.

"so a company that didn't declare bankruptcy EVER is in DIRE situation since 2000, but NWA, Delta, UAL, US Air (x2), America West, and Continental (x2) aren't????????"

Not talking about NWA, Delta, UAL, US Air (x2), America West, and Continental or any other. Just talking about the history of YX...

Goulet... AAI used to have 1 gate in MKE.. They recently received 3 more. AAI hasn't gotten a new plane since the middle of 2007. Without new planes, AAI wasn't going to pull planes off profitable routes to start new cities out of MKE (new cities rarely make money in the first year). However, AAI is going to start receiving planes again in February.. You can bet some of the 10 new 737's will be placed on new markets out of MKE.. Besides, last time I checked AAI did start new cities (for AAI) out of MKE.. Pretty sure AAI added Phoenix and Las Vegas recently.. You can bet your @ss there is more to come.. The new AAI cities may overlap MEH cities for a while, but there will be cities added that MEH doesn't serve..

Northwest Airlines did the math and found it was cheaper to buy a small competitor than to risk the entry of AirTran Airways as a low-cost carrier smack in the middle of its so-called Heartland market area.

It won't matter, AAI will expand anyway NWA can do whatever they want.

Goulet... AAI used to have 1 gate in MKE.. They recently received 3 more. AAI hasn't gotten a new plane since the middle of 2007. Without new planes, AAI wasn't going to pull planes off profitable routes to start new cities out of MKE (new cities rarely make money in the first year). However, AAI is going to start receiving planes again in February.. You can bet some of the 10 new 737's will be placed on new markets out of MKE.. Besides, last time I checked AAI did start new cities (for AAI) out of MKE.. Pretty sure AAI added Phoenix and Las Vegas recently.. You can bet your @ss there is more to come.. The new AAI cities may overlap MEH cities for a while, but there will be cities added that MEH doesn't serve..

PHX and Vegas compete mostly with Airways on those routes out of MKE, not YX. Our 80 routes are very low yield routes.

and besides if they want to make a counteroffer, then overlapping routes is the LAST thing AAI would want to do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back