Barron's breaks down industry.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain dad

I just read an article in AIN about the upcoming issue of Barron's. It will have an article breaking down and comparing charter/fractional/ownership of several popular models of business jets. The issue hits stands 4-20-08. It should make good reading. :)

Just read the article, good info.

It indicated a 25 hour card with Marquis is $126,900 for an Ultra. The going rate for a 1/16 share (50 hrs) of a 400xp is about $420,000 plus monthly management fees and hourly costs.

Here is the last paragraph:

In the end, no form of private aviation is as easy and cheap as buying a commercial airline ticket. So is it really worth hiring consultants, spending all this money and making all these decisions just to fly privately?
If you're asking that question, you probably haven't yet ridden on a business jet. As political consultant James Carville recently told this reporter, "If I had to fly commercial and could stay in the suite in the top of a hotel, or take a private plane and stay in just a room, I'd say, 'Give me the plane.' Once you have sipped the sweet nectar of freedom, you don't go back."

Last edited:
As political consultant James Carville recently told this reporter, "If I had to fly commercial and could stay in the suite in the top of a hotel, or take a private plane and stay in just a room, I'd say, 'Give me the plane.' Once you have sipped the sweet nectar of freedom, you don't go back."
What about the Gorebal warming?

It indicated a 25 hour card with Marquis is $126,900 for an Ultra. The going rate for a 1/16 share (50 hrs) of a 400xp is about $420,000 plus monthly management fees and hourly costs.

Those cards are biggest rip-off in the charter industry.

I'm going to take out a newspaper add to say, "Pay me $100,000 and I'll get you 20 hours in a Citation." I could pay retail and still turn a profit.

"a Citation."
Lets start there. What kind of Citation? What kind of maintenance? What kind of training for the pilots? What kind of rest for the pilots? What kind of back up if your "Citation" breaks? What kind of support structure?
Sorry your nickel and dime daydream has a way to go. :cool:

I'm going to take out a newspaper add to say, "Pay me $100,000 and I'll get you 20 hours in a Citation." I could pay retail and still turn a profit.

As far as the MarquisJet Pax go, they pay for the QS tail and gold ties.

Your idea $5000/hr. for 20 hours

NetJets' Marquis card $5076/hr for 25 hours....I'd spend the extra $76/hr for a sure thing.

Well... You said you WOULDN'T fly for free!!!! Quit yur bitchin!!!

Also, it's not just the ride the pax pay for... it's the whole package; something they can't find anywhere else.

Not to mention that when your Ultra breaks or the trip works out right you might be flying in a much larger airplane. I have had many Ultra card holders in the Hawker. All for the price of their Ultra jet card.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back