• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Barron's breaks down industry.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's not confuse the issue of which is better from the pilots' viewpoint. From the consumer's view, NJA and Marquis charge slightly more for an Ultra than they do for the 400XP. Therefore, the Ultra is considered an upgrade.

From the owner's or cardmember's standpoint, end of discussion. I can tell NJA for dozens of reasons why I think the Excel is a better a/c for me than the Hawker 800. But the Hawker costs more, therefore, it is an upgrade (P.S. - I have told them that when flying with my family do not upgrade me to an 800XP).

Fly safe.

Don't listen to rtrhd; if he had been smart enough to be an aeronautical engineer, he would never have become a pilot.

For your information I never pretend to be an aeronautical engineer in a bar. It is always a OBGYN, for once I want them to pay me for looking at it. (Wife coming) Bad RTRHD, Bad RTRHD, For give me Lord for I have sinned again. :crying:

Bingo-a well thought out, unemotional, knowledgeable post-thank you and Airbear. The wing loading on the 400 is 67.6 lb/sq ft while the Ultra is 52.2. The downside is that the lower wing loaded aircraft will have a better rate of climb. Also, the 400 has a flat floor which is more comfortable for those paying the bills. TCAS also helps as safety equipment/avionics are important criteria when selecting an aircraft.

dude, it's a beach jet.

and you actually figured out the wing load.

get a life

For your information I never pretend to be an aeronautical engineer in a bar. It is always a OBGYN, for once I want them to pay me for looking at it. (Wife coming) Bad RTRHD, Bad RTRHD, For give me Lord for I have sinned again. :crying:

Someone just lost computer priviledges for the rest of the week!!

Thanks for the info guys.

I would think that the flex of the wings would do the most to effect the smoothness of the ride, as well as the overall weight of the aircraft.

I guess it is just hard for me to comprehend that big of a difference in the 2 different aircraft. In fairness, I have never flown a 400xp.

Let's not confuse the issue of which is better from the pilots' viewpoint. From the consumer's view, NJA and Marquis charge slightly more for an Ultra than they do for the 400XP. Therefore, the Ultra is considered an upgrade.

From the owner's or cardmember's standpoint, end of discussion. I can tell NJA for dozens of reasons why I think the Excel is a better a/c for me than the Hawker 800. But the Hawker costs more, therefore, it is an upgrade (P.S. - I have told them that when flying with my family do not upgrade me to an 800XP).

Fly safe.

That is the first complaint I have ever heard about the 800. Thanks for the insight.

dude, it's a beach jet.

and you actually figured out the wing load.

get a life

That reminds me of when I used to tell non-aviation people that I fly a Beechjet.
They would immediately think 'Sand, Sun, and Water' Jet, and would always ask, "Why is it called a Beechjet?"

I educated many non-aviation folks about the Beechjet and Hawker Beechcraft Corporation during my 400A days.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back