Bancroft vs. Superior???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, they went out of business

Well, you must be a mind reader, because I talked to them about 4 days ago and asked them if they were having problems and they said that the rumors were not true.

This is the e-mail that they sent back to me about a week ago:

xxxx,

No, we are not shut down and I am still taking and entering orders for pilot’s hats. If they have any plans of shutting down, they haven’t told anyone. There have been lots of rumors going around about us.

Thank You,

Laurie Firth
Customer Service
Bancroft Cap Co.

800-448-8090, ext. 102
[email protected]

Last edited:
I am here to post in this very important dorky thread.

I have had a Superior hat for over two years, worn it every single day, I just got a new one (upgrade) and holy shamoley! I've never had a problem with either of them!

My FO hat was nice, my Capt. has is nice too! It fits well, breaks in fast, is mostly comfortable, and... I ordered it by telephone, sent a check, and it arrived within a week via UPS.

I personally never cared for the Bancroft hats, I found them a little unwieldy and stiff, and some of them have that double strap across the forehead, and I think that's lame. I like that I can pull out the plastic "peak" and stuff the hat a little better in a bag, or mess around with it. Yes, the hole lined up a little funny.

But this is all personal opinion. I mean c'mon guys, we're talking about hats here. Once it's on your head, not a lot of customers are going to notice and whisper about which company you went with...

I walked into crew outfitters in Atlanta and bought one of the self next to about ten others back towards the end of May. Bankrupt or not I bought one same day.

My Bancroft's strap is crooked so it always looks like my hat is on crooked when I wear it. My Superior didn't fit right. I leave my hats in my car so I don't forget it at home and think the Superior may have shrank in the heat...or maybe I just bought it a size too small.

Latest resources

Back