• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bancroft vs. Superior???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bernard hats aren't as good as Bancroft, but they're definitely far better than the Superior hats.

I ordered my new Bancroft late May and recieved it about 5 weeks later just as advertised. I ordered online and sent an email to confirm the hat was on its way and got a email response 2 days later. Unless something changed in the last month there still in operation.

Yes the phone number is useless. Just order on line.

I ordered my new Bancroft late May and recieved it about 5 weeks later just as advertised. I ordered online and sent an email to confirm the hat was on its way and got a email response 2 days later. Unless something changed in the last month there still in operation.

Yes the phone number is useless. Just order on line.
weird. I ordered my in feb and didn't get it till june. I called and emailed numerous times and it took weeks to get someone on the other end of the line and never got a respons on email. I must not know the secret code.:erm:

I have searched high and low for a Bancroft hat. Every pilot shop I have contacted has told me they cannot get Bancroft any longer because they are out of business. If not true, why has about a dozen or more shops told me the same thing?

Anybody try a Bernard? Seems the local shop is carrying them to replace Bancroft.

Yeah, I bought a Bernard hat a few months back (again because I could not get through to Bancroft), and I've been pretty happy with it. Nicer and more comfortable than the superior. Another nice feature is that they have removeable/replaceable covers. In other words, the fabric portion of the hat is removable. You can get them here: www.tallyhouniforms.com

I am having lots of trouble with Bancroft as well. I purchased mine towards the end of May to replace that piece of junk Superior hat. It fell apart after the first week!! I still haven't received my hat from Bancroft and they won't return my emails. GRRRR

Bancroft went out of business

NO, they did not go out of business. I called them and asked to be sure. As far as the wait, it will take about a month to get a hat from them, as they do not keep a stock on hand, they build each hat as they are sold. You can make an order on their website and ask them to rush it.

just tried to go on theyre website and place the order and hope it gets here in six weeks or so....the website is not working at all....will not display the page.....tried it on 3 comps.....dont think its me....maybe they are going out for good.....maybe it will work for someone else....
www.bancroftcaps.com

NO, they did not go out of business. I called them and asked to be sure. As far as the wait, it will take about a month to get a hat from them, as they do not keep a stock on hand, they build each hat as they are sold. You can make an order on their website and ask them to rush it.

Yes, they went out of business

Latest resources

Back