Bancroft vs. Superior???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

Hey guys sorry for the redundancy, I realize this has been asked before....But never the less, its time for a new hat for me, I like the bancrofts better but everyone says theyre either out of business or it takes forever to get a hat....anyone had any recent experience with them....I called the 800 number and noone answered....I want one but I cant wait three months either.....thanks in advance!

I've owned both. (Different airlines, different hats.) Damned if I can tell the difference between the two. Both make your head sweat like a stuck pig and mash your hair. Both keep your head dry in the rain. Both make you look like a bellhop, porter and/or skycap...and you WILL be mistaken for all 3 over time.

it's like comparing the hot redhead in in Wilson Phillips vs. her fat sister....

no comparison...superior sucks.

Mookie

If you see a loose thread on a Superior hat, don't try to rip it, cut it, tuck it, etc. Just glue it down, otherwise the whole hat falls apart. I think they use one long thread on that whole crappy hat. The holes for the hat badge didn't line up with the center of the visor, the chin strap frays after a week, it's just a crappy product.

.....the chin strap frays after a week, it's just a crappy product.

Chin strap????

Is that so it stays on your head while you're under _______________'s desk????:eek:

And now for the serious answer......

Superior hats (Midway Hat Company) stand up higher in the front and are of much cheaper quality. They do tend to fall apart faster and fade worse. You'll definately look like a porter or bellhop while wearing one. The only positive thing about a Superior is that the inner front part that holds the hat up can be replaced. It's made of plastic, and swaps out easier.

Bancroft is a much better quality hat, sits lower in the front, and is more comfortable (if such a thing exists). The emblem also seems to fit better on the Bancroft than on the other hat. The drawback is the front support. It's made of something, not quite sure, and can't be replaced. I've had mine for 5 years and haven't had an issue with it, but if you don't take care of it, that's another story.

Bancrofts have been hard to come by lately for some reason. I've been trying to get a new one for 2 months now and can't. I refuse to buy a Superior just to have a hat on my head, so I guess I'm rebeling now. All I need now is spiked hair, an Ipod, and a backpack and I'll be just fine, Mr. Hand.

Come on, you gotta do better than that.

Such specific details. Been there before?

I still haven't seen a pilot hat with a chin strap, though.

Latest resources

Back